Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: bf1942
PostPosted: 16 May 2009 19:24 

uhmmm as far as I have understood the problem with the fake players (which can be tested with the proof-of-concept bf1942fp) is solved, right?
because tcpfp is a proof-of-concept which creates infinite connections to a specific TCP port but the TCP port 4711 used by the game server doesn't seem to have problems with the handling of multiple connections.

so do you refer to an external program on your server?
maybe "BFCommand & Control Server Manager" or another remote administration tool?

note about donations: I don't need and I don't accept money (donations included)

PostPosted: 21 May 2009 12:39 

aluigi wrote:
uhmmm as far as I have understood the problem with the fake players (which can be tested with the proof-of-concept bf1942fp) is solved, right?)

Yes Luigi, but solved, in 1942 server vs 1.61b, using remotemanager 2.01 by black bag operation

aluigi wrote:
because tcpfp is a proof-of-concept which creates infinite connections to a specific TCP port but the TCP port 4711 used by the game server doesn't seem to have problems with the handling of multiple connections.?

I have no more problem for the players, but it seems that he has damaged the connection of remote administrators, I would protect this was my question

aluigi wrote:
so do you refer to an external program on your server?
maybe "BFCommand & Control Server Manager" or another remote administration tool?

Remote manager v2.01 - BFserver - by Black bag operations

aluigi wrote:
note about donations: I don't need and I don't accept money (donations included)

I did not want to offend you, it was only a suggestion to aid in maintaining the site, of course, if it were necessary.

Who can help in solving the BF1942 is an old game, and if these problems continue, people will stop giving it, which would be a pity

sorry for bad English

See later,

Upgem

PostPosted: 21 May 2009 15:36 

uh Remote Manager that's explain your problems, indeed it's enough to connect to it (port 14667) without sending data to block it (recv with a timeout of 5 seconds)

now, from what I have seen, the best solution is to limit the IP which can contact your remote manager so if you have a fixed IP anyone else can't block your server
in case you want to test it in attachment you can find a plugin for proxocket (so windows) which does this job:
- download proxocket: http://aluigi.org/mytoolz.htm#proxocket
- if it's not your case put your BFServerManager.exe and BFServerManager.ini in a new folder only for these file (so without bf1942.exe in it)
- put the ws2_32.dll file you found in proxocket.zip in such folder
- put the attached myproxocket.dll in such folder
- if you can't recompile the plugin, open myproxocket.dll with a hex editor and replace the string 255.255.255.255 with your IP remembering to NOT change the size of the file and putting a byte 0x00 after it (example: 127.0.0.1 0x00_here 5.255)
- now do your tests

anyway it's only an idea, I don't know your exact situation

oh about that thing of the donations it wasn't an offense, I simply took that moment to explain my attitude about money and this hobby because often people try to offer me donations.
so don't worry :)

Attachments:
ipfilter.zip [3.4 KiB]
Downloaded 133 times

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3