Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: bf2fp VIRUS?
PostPosted: 02 May 2009 19:10 

Hello
when i try to download bf2fp I get this...

-Kaspersky
-Internet Security 2009
-Access denied

-The requested URL could not be retrieved

-While trying to retrieve the URL:

-http://aluigi.altervista.org/fakep/bf2fp.
-zip

-The following error was encountered:

-The requested object is INFECTED with the following viruses: Exploit.Win32.Auriemma.h

-Please contact your service provider if you consider it incorrect.
-Generated:
-Sat May 02 13:03:21 2009
-Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

And...

-Firefox: Loading object http:/.../fakep/bf2fp.zip/bf2fp.exe, containing Trojan program Exploit.Win32.Auriemma.h. -Detected.

So what the deal, Is this a virus?
BTW I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

Thank you for your time.

Post subject: Re: bf2fp VIRUS?
PostPosted: 02 May 2009 20:20 

antivirus companies put in their database both real malicious code (virus, worms, malware and so on) and proof-of-concpets or exploits.

a proof-of-concept is a code which allows to test a specific vulnerability in a specific software (like the security bugs I found in the past), it's totally harmless and it's ever open source because it must not only verify the security problem but also showing what it does technically.

it's not clear why the antivirus companies decide to put in their databases also harmless code but luckily some of them have the "good sense" of classifying it as "exploit" which so specify that it's not malicious (at least not for the user who runs it).

so if you see tags like "exploit", "luigi" or "auriemma" (yeah I have entire categories for me) don't worry, it's all perfectly genuine.
and as usual, all my stuff is open source so you can read, modify and recompile the source code as much as you want and in any moment.

in addition there is also a thread on this forum where are showed the various silly things done by antiviruses: antiviruses-hall-of-shame-t273.html

PostPosted: 02 May 2009 20:31 

Thank you for your reply.

I understand you its a false positive reading from Kaspersky and it is harmless.

Thanks you again

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2010 17:09 

Hi! I use kaspersky too but I have installed another version. It works perfect; I tried this version too but only a few days becouse it seem a little strange. I suggest you to install this version 7 version

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]