Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: CoD4 Player Stats Editor.
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009 15:41 

Alright, so I run a server in CoD4 1.0.
We were versing another clan and all of the sudden I automatically reloaded after 1 bullet was shot and my sprint was disabled.

I've had numerous things like that happened to me before.
Apparently there is a program out there that allows you to change the settings for 1 person on the server.

Just curious as to if anyone here knows about it?

Many thanks.

Post subject: Re: CoD4 Player Stats Editor.
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009 19:15 

CoD4 is steam based right ? .. also this is more like hacking, than research.
you are asking for a game hack basically.

well there is a tool/hack for steam. it is called "Steam Achievement Manager"
it allows you to change your own account's achievements and stats.
it is VAC proof, because you DO NOT run it with your game. you log into your steam, run it, edit your stats, close it, enter game.
if you are too retarded and run it with game, then most likely you get VAC banned.

so if somebody changed your stats, then i assume somehow it is possible to exploit the same method and change active player's stats too, while they are playing. i am not interested in cod4 or steam, so i don't know anything else.

NOTE - as SAM says, it works on all steam based games, even if game itself is not listed in the SAM.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009 00:21 

Sethioz wrote:
CoD4 is steam based right ? .. also this is more like hacking, than research.
you are asking for a game hack basically.

well there is a tool/hack for steam. it is called "Steam Achievement Manager"
it allows you to change your own account's achievements and stats.
it is VAC proof, because you DO NOT run it with your game. you log into your steam, run it, edit your stats, close it, enter game.
if you are too retarded and run it with game, then most likely you get VAC banned.

so if somebody changed your stats, then i assume somehow it is possible to exploit the same method and change active player's stats too, while they are playing. i am not interested in cod4 or steam, so i don't know anything else.

NOTE - as SAM says, it works on all steam based games, even if game itself is not listed in the SAM.

CoD4 isn't Steam. That's MW2. CoD4 is the first Modern Warfare, with dedicated servers.
It's not about the ranking to level 55, it's about changing the players controls (i.e Disable sprint, jump, change weapon, alter that one players timescale).

Thanks for the help anyway,
I didn't know where else to put this in... so I guessed it'd be in "Research" because... well I am researching it.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009 02:02 

well you put 'stats' into title, not settings. settings and stats are 2 different things and CoD4 is steam.
they sell it thru steam. so it means that if there's any stats, then it can be changed by the manager. however you want to know about settings.

most likely such exploits are always public. if you said you have seen it before. so i assume that this exploit/vulnerability is released somewhere. i would go for google, because i know nothing about CoD myself.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2009 06:33 

lol, that's not quite how an achievement unlocker works, it's also easily done while ingame with a few lines of assembly and is not detected by VAC2, just an FYI, off topic I know.

cheers.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2009 12:21 

Alright, so I meant stats... but w/e.
CoD4 is not run off steam. I've never had to use Steam for CoD4. You can probably buy it from Steam, doesn't mean it is powered by Steam.

I've tried Google. Nothing comes up. All I wanted to know is the name of the program if anyone has it.
Obviously not.

Thanks though.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009 12:33 

Quote:
lol, that's not quite how an achievement unlocker works, it's also easily done while ingame with a few lines of assembly and is not detected by VAC2, just an FYI, off topic I know.

offtopic yes and "steam achievement manager" works the way i just told you. you can lol all you want. SAM have to be ran WITHOUT game. if you know how to make VAC2 proof achievement manager, then just write it and post it up.

Quote:
Alright, so I meant stats... but w/e.
CoD4 is not run off steam. I've never had to use Steam for CoD4. You can probably buy it from Steam, doesn't mean it is powered by Steam.

no you meant settings, not stats duh.