Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Do not patch halo
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2008 16:30 

I can understand that people are frustrated with haloboom, loops, etc., but....

There are many drawbacks to these patches.

First of all, most of the servers being crashed are because the hosts are cheating. They mod the maps and do not post it. They mod the exe and do not post it. These patched exes cause incredible lag for the people not running the same patch version. All is fine in any server until someone joins running a patched client exe. The server then give precedence to the matched patched exe and all other players lag and get their asses kicked.
When you have a clan patching their own servers and all their players running the same version of a client patch all hell breaks loose and and halo is not even worth playing.

Additionally, many hosts are just complete rude scumbags. They have no ping time and specifically set up their games to take advantage of this fact. They create brainless / skilless games where the only thing that matters is your ping time. Then they talk crap to everyone.

Then you have the ones that play slayer in ctf. They camp all game and do nothing for the team. They disrespect everyone and completely ruin the game. All they care about is their kills in ctf. Players that team kill their own team do less damage then players that camp and disrespect the other players by treating them like fish in a bowl. It is so disrespectful and any moron can camp in ctf and get kills. It's TEAM game, yet they kill everyone in the center of the map so they respawn at the flag and protect it while they are there. It makes actually getting the flag for your team 10 times harder. If they could actually play well, they would kill when required and let people live, prolong a fight, to keep them away from protecting a flag.

Then you have clans like XK, XE, ALB, EMI, AEM, GL, LW and several others do do nothing but cheat all the time. They do everything under the sun to cheat. From modding the maps, to the exe's, to filtering ip's and causing lag to any ip not in a list, to aimbotting, to stacking teams, playing slayer in ctf, etc.

Halo was a good game because cheating was hard to do and easy to catch. As long as the cheaters can't be crashed, they will continue to cheat and ruin the game.

Again, these patches do not work properly and give and advantage to anyone running the same client patch as the server patch. It only helps them cheat more.

luigi, your exploits are a godsend to keep the cheaters from hosting. Sure, you could use the source to do worse, but keeping cheaters from playing saves the game and makes it worth playing.

Keep them coming. And thank you for your great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2008 21:06 

.... um halo is already patched?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2008 21:44 

arbiter000 wrote:
I know that patch 1.07 fixes it but we still use the bugged 1.06 and people seem to abuse this too much. Can someone please create a fix for 1.06?

You need 106 patched becasue that is where all your cheats are!!! Aimbots, sightjacker, etc. Quit cheating and learn to play.

Please, don't help them cheat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 02:06 

what? why dont u just go play halo on the xbox360 man, no cheaters or exploits and shooters are always better to experience on the console...
and u know hes probably not just going to go "oh." and not patch anything lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 03:14 

a noob wrote:
arbiter000 wrote:
I know that patch 1.07 fixes it but we still use the bugged 1.06 and people seem to abuse this too much. Can someone please create a fix for 1.06?

You need 106 patched becasue that is where all your cheats are!!! Aimbots, sightjacker, etc. Quit cheating and learn to play.

Please, don't help them cheat.

um halo was patched to 1.07. DUH. then 1.07 was patched to 1.08.

unless you still use an illegal version of halo....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008 05:13 

evan1715 wrote:
what? why dont u just go play halo on the xbox360 man, no cheaters or exploits and shooters are always better to experience on the console...
and u know hes probably not just going to go "oh." and not patch anything lol.

Sure, he should do nothing. He has done enough. I have been playing this game since day one and understand what I am saying. MS and Bungie are not banning ips and keys for cheating, so we have to do it. The servers are always exploitable, whether through halo or not. They can consider themselves lucky that they can even reboot.

For the record, knowing your have a hole that can be exploited is a great thing. Yet Gamespy seems to think that luigi is a pain in the ass. They told me that. If it was not for him, people would think they were reasonably safe. We all know better now. Put halo on a machine with nothing important and have some fun. Of course you have to play halo 1.02 to have a real game. 50% of the 1.04 thru 1.08 cheat nine ways to Sunday.

Post subject: Re: Do not patch halo
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008 17:00 

a noob wrote:
Then you have clans like XK [..] that do do nothing but cheat all the time. They do everything under the sun to cheat. From modding the maps, to the exe's, to filtering ip's and causing lag to any ip not in a list, to aimbotting, to stacking teams, playing slayer in ctf, etc.

Umm, I'm in XK and they don't cheat. They're just good at this game. Before you post things like these in a forum, make sure you have enough evidence. Especially if you're also going to use exploits against people who are better than you at this game.

Post subject: Re: Do not patch halo
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008 22:01 

omegga wrote:
a noob wrote:
Then you have clans like XK [..] that do do nothing but cheat all the time. They do everything under the sun to cheat. From modding the maps, to the exe's, to filtering ip's and causing lag to any ip not in a list, to aimbotting, to stacking teams, playing slayer in ctf, etc.

Umm, I'm in XK and they don't cheat. They're just good at this game. Before you post things like these in a forum, make sure you have enough evidence. Especially if you're also going to use exploits against people who are better than you at this game.

I am not surprised you said that, because XK lies too. :P
But perhaps you are merely mistaken.
This is a technical forum of facts, not a debate center.
These forums are not filled with idiot kids that do not know better. No one else here not a part of XK is contesting it. There is reason for that. If you are so naive that you really believe what you say, wrong as it might be, take some good advice and understand the history of clan and its tag before you join it and take an active part in making sure that other clan members have not, are not, and will not cheat in the future OR you will be tagged for what they did and do, like it or not.

My post is a only a request and the reasons why. People will do what they want to do. There is no legitimate reason, other than to cheat or avoid cheating, for using or wanting an outdated version of halo patched. There is always a pirated exe for the next version, unused cd keys, etc. Now I claim I want no patches for outdated versions to avoid the endless cheating that ruins of the game. Unfortunately, bad patches were released and so version 1.04-4-1.07 are basically ruined. There are widespread lag issues across many servers now, etc. Some are fixing it, some are not. Going to 1.08 fixes it right away.

Yes or no for an answer will do, because these are facts.
Did you know XK was founded by a nick called BinLaden?
Did you know he always ran a map modded Timberland map?
Did you know he use to make fun of the fact that innocent people died in 911?
Did you know Jroc use to have a ratrace mod where all the spawn points were below the overshield hole and he would set instant respawn, no shields, endless nades and just be a prick for hours on end?
Dude, the more I type, the more I find it hard to believe you had no idea!!!

------------------

For the record, I have been around on the Internet a little bit and have seen and read some for the great hacks that members of this forum have created and their tutorials and other resources they have shared. I am very grateful for what they do. Without people like this, empowering others, the human race would be at the mercy endless exploits, id theft, and worse. I have the utmost respect for many of the members of this forum and sincerely thank you for all you do. Halo is a trivial matter in the scheme of things. I can understand why people would want to patch it. Let MS patch it if they want. Patching the current version only helps the cheaters cheat who cannot make/get a new version of their SightJacker, AimBot, etc. to/work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2008 23:01 

so, if I understand correctly, you are not versus the 1.08 patch but versus the unofficial fixes for 1.04, 1.06 and other older versions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2008 01:29 

what i dont understand is why people dont just update...

like i understand if u dont update from JK2 1.02 to JK2 1.04, because it's such a massive difference in gameplay and experience... but in regular shooters where they just fix up a few things, just update...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2008 09:10 

aluigi wrote:
so, if I understand correctly, you are not versus the 1.08 patch but versus the unofficial fixes for 1.04, 1.06 and other older versions?

Exactly!
1.04-1.07 are worthless to play because of the cheating and now also the bad patches that different people made and distributed without testing.

Official patches for 1.08 should probably be left to MS, as patching a game full of cheaters is probably a waste of time and there is also the risk that MS never updates again and a bad homemade patch could cause even more problems then no patch at all. I'm not really against the homemade patches, but when deployed as irresponsible as the last ones, it seems to do more harm then good. These fools had laggy screwed up servers everywhere and just left them up and made everyone wonder WTF was going on. Scanning their boxes for viruses, checking the Internet connections, etc. These fools deploy these patches in a very irresponsible manner. I am not saying everyone that patches is fool, I am saying that the ones that patch and walk away and never come back, without even testing the configuration are the fools. They seems to share these patched exe's with their friends right away too. They think they are okay and do not even realize they are untested. Then it just goes crazy with DS's and player client servers hosting buggy exe's. They come into a game and the lag goes through the roof. It is food for thought anyway. :)

1.02 and 1.03 are virgin from patches other than MS patches. As far as I can tell there is no widespread use of aimbots and similiar superior cheats.
1.03 players are not very good though. I do not know where they found the obscure cracked exe's they are running, but I hunted it down and tried it when I had version issues in 1.04/5. It seems there are two different versions of 1.03 and one of them posts its game in the 1.03 AND the 1.04/5 lobby. You can't join it in the 1.04/5 lobby, because your version is newer than the client. That is the exact error message too. It is quite an annoying bug. Some of the 1.03 DS admins were pretty cool, once they learned, and posted 1.03 in the title. I wonder how many people crashed their servers, how many times, before they learned.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]