Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: GT Legends .BIN files
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010 09:15 

Does someone know how to extract the .BIN files that are located in the root directory of the GT Legends DVD?

The files are named like this:

setup-1a.bin
setup-1b.bin
setup-2a.bin
setup-2b.bin

I allready tried the "Universal Extractor" but the programm fails to open these .BIN files.

Would be nice if someone could help!

Post subject: Re: GT Legends .BIN files
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010 12:27 

GT Legends uses gmotor mas files for the game files.
those files you list look like files of the installer and I don't know what type of installer is used by the game

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010 12:46 

Yes the .bin files must be a part of the installer.
But GTL is a little bit special compared to other gmotor games. During installation not all files are copied to your HDD. There are still some files (audio, physics) that will be loaded from DVD everytime you start the game. And these files must be included the BINs as there are no other files on the DVD

Would it help you if I send you the GTL setup.exe !?

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010 14:30 

is it crack related ? kind a offtopic, but i remember that i never got it working (cracked version), only game i haven't got working. i guess you are trying to extract them, so you can put them on your HDD ?

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010 20:51 

It's very sad! I've bought GTL years ago but now I have to use the crack cause the Starforce Copy Protection Drivers aren't compatible with Windows 7. :(

The crack works perfect for me, but the mp3/wavs contained in the crack are partially bad quality. In some cars you can hear a clicking noise every 3-5 seconds. This is annoying.
If I could extract the original audio files from my DVD, I could replace the crappy sound files contained in the crack.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]