Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 14:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help with Changing the name of an outputted Executable.
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007 01:14 

Hello,

I found a very cool program called WinRAR Unplugged.Download it here: http://www.win-rar.com/index.rar?id=463 ... 6.2.2b.exe All it is, is a portable version of winrar for your flash drive and etc. When you start "Launch WinRAR.exe" it outputs a few files including "winrar.exe". My problem is that the computers I want to use it on have the file name "winrar.exe" disabled. So is there anyway you can make it output something like "winraQ.exe" or any other name and still have it function?

Thank you,
Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007 13:15 

I tried doing a simple hex editing of "launch winrar.exe" and seems to work.

All you need to do is taking a hex editor which supports both ascii and unicode chars (like XVI32 for example) and modify all the occurrencies of winrar.exe in winraq.exe as you wanted to do.

It's just a matter of less than 60 seconds to modify all the winrar.exe strings (remember, both ascii and unicode!) so you can do it manually without problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007 15:20 

[quote="aluigi"]I tried doing a simple hex editing of "launch winrar.exe" and seems to work.

All you need to do is taking a hex editor which supports both ascii and unicode chars (like XVI32 for example) and modify all the occurrencies of winrar.exe in winraq.exe as you wanted to do.

It's just a matter of less than 60 seconds to modify all the winrar.exe strings (remember, both ascii and unicode!) so you can do it manually without problems.[/quote]

Thank you Luigi it worked.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]