Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: jk2 exploitations etc
PostPosted: 21 May 2008 04:31 

Hi, Lugigi, I've just recently discovered your works and I'm impressed on how you figured this stuff out. I'm slowly learning, and am starting on Jedi Knight Outcast II, which does use the q3 engine.

Basically, I have tried both q3unban, q3fill, and sudppipe, but still fail at unbanning myself from the 3 servers that still exist(I play on patch 1.03, hardly anyone is left but it's fun) I've started to get banned simply because I'm pretty much the best, not gloating, but the screenshots and demos i've collected are preposterous... anyway, obviously this annoyance of being constantly banned sent me on a search to get unbanned.

q3fill works successfully at filling a server, and keeping it that way. however, i heard this can unban you if you use it, i saw the instructions, followed them, but it hasn't produced any result. says the response from server is, well, Banned.

as for q3unban, you said it may not work for jk2, and it didnt. i've also tried various other cvars to no avail. i've edited 1 zero at a time, making it anywhere from 10 to 50 zeros. sometimes it says Banned, sometimes it crashes my jk2 altogether, and other times it says bad challenge or address, but i've never been unbanned.

sudppipe you also said somewhere it was unsuccessful in jk2, but i tried anyway and failed.

after all this, i can find no possible way to unban myself, except for one thing : socks proxies? i was reading about these in some of your post, and i think they are proxies which can mask udp and tcp. would it be possible for me to join a server if i used one? i downloaded a proxify thing (proxy firewall) but it doesn't detect jk2, it doesn't ask. i've also tried some others, again, didn't support jk2. if i got a proxifier, could i connect to a socks server to mask my ip from being detected by ban? my isp is cable, and my ip address has been the same for years. i cant change it.

also, if socks server does work, could i set up a pc in a different location to act as a socks server with a total seperate internet connection dedicated to being a socks server so i could connect to games where i have been banned by ip?

thats my jk2 ban problem, and you're my final hope for ever returning to that game, hah. tbh we just have whiney admins who accuse people of hacking and scripting when they're not.

anyway, thats the ban problem.

if i ever get this fixed, i have discovered some exploits which im not sure any1 considers important, most likely 1.02 has modded servers (the altcode in name glitch, where when you type it lags the entire sever, tell client lags just the client) (as well as a crash name where all you have to do is kill yourself) however, something no one has and has been able to work is q3infoboom and q3msgboom. q3infoboom, will it work for jk2 if i disabled firewall and put my PC in the DMZ? as for msgboom, vsay i think may be disabled on servers, as when i press the bind nothing happens, but my lagometer shows a spike to me. i tried say, but all that happened was aaaa..aaaa appeared from my chat, and again, i lagged but no one else did. i then tried tell client, which did the same thing. tell_target also. i also tried changing the a's to glitched ascii, but that didn't work either. any idea if this could work in any way?

thanks so much for reading this if you're reading this part now, it means u got to the bottom and actually took the time to read that which is greatly appreciated beyond what i can say.

thanks in advance, thanks for reading the novel.

-shunie

Post subject: Re: jk2 exploitations etc
PostPosted: 21 May 2008 14:18 

shunie wrote:
Basically, I have tried both q3unban, q3fill, and sudppipe, but still fail at unbanning myself

uhmmm in this case I think that you can't unban yourself at all since q3fill is on of the best ways to test the unbanning feature (in short if it doesn't fill a server on which you are banned means that the unban bug doesn't work versus that server) so if it doesn't work there are probably no other things to test.

Quote:
socks proxies? i was reading about these in some of your post, and i think they are proxies which can mask udp and tcp. would it be possible for me to join a server if i used one?

sure, just run Tor and add the following cvars to your game which enables the in-game socks usage (so you don't need to use external programs like sockscap or proxyfirewall):

seta net_socksEnabled "1"
seta net_socksServer "127.0.0.1"
seta net_socksPort "9050"
seta net_socksUsername ""
seta net_socksPassword ""

Quote:
also, if socks server does work, could i set up a pc in a different location to act as a socks server

Sure, you can use my proxymini tool for doing this job since it doesn't require additional configuration (click & run) and supports any socks feature

Quote:
q3infoboom, will it work for jk2 if i disabled firewall and put my PC in the DMZ?

depends if the server has applied a work-around for it, consider that q3infoboom is a 3 years old bug and is very famous

Quote:
as for msgboom, vsay i think may be disabled on servers

I don't remember if vsay works on jk2 servers by default, in which case means that the admin has disabled the command (the work-around I usually suggest to limit this problem)

Post subject: Re: jk2 exploitations etc
PostPosted: 21 May 2008 20:48 

shunie wrote:
I'm slowly learning, and am starting on Jedi Knight Outcast II
stop, no, don't...
Quote:
which does use the q3 engine.
it's luigi, he knows jk2 is on the quake 3 engine...
Quote:
Basically, I have tried both q3unban, q3fill, and sudppipe, but still fail at unbanning myself from the 3 servers that still exist(I play on patch 1.03, hardly anyone is left but it's fun) I've started to get banned simply because I'm pretty much the best, not gloating, but the screenshots and demos i've collected are preposterous... anyway, obviously this annoyance of being constantly banned sent me on a search to get unbanned.
q3unban does not work on JK2 no matter what method
Quote:
if i ever get this fixed, i have discovered some exploits which im not sure any1 considers important, most likely 1.02 has modded servers (the altcode in name glitch, where when you type it lags the entire sever, tell client lags just the client) (as well as a crash name where all you have to do is kill yourself) however, something no one has and has been able to work is q3infoboom and q3msgboom. q3infoboom, will it work for jk2 if i disabled firewall and put my PC in the DMZ? as for msgboom, vsay i think may be disabled on servers, as when i press the bind nothing happens, but my lagometer shows a spike to me. i tried say, but all that happened was aaaa..aaaa appeared from my chat, and again, i lagged but no one else did. i then tried tell client, which did the same thing. tell_target also. i also tried changing the a's to glitched ascii, but that didn't work either. any idea if this could work in any way?
ur VERY ignorant. (ignorant as in not knowing any better, not calling u stupid)
luigi knows of the jk2-specific crashes some-what... i believe he knows about name crash and force crash...
YOU ARE PLAYING ON 1.03... 1.03a servers have patched against q3msgboom, there for msgboom does not crash server and it barely lags anyone, but mainly lags yourself... people will think it is a minor userinfo flood attempt but it wont work... and no one has removed vsay, everyone has it. all 5 servers lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2008 23:39 

unban works fine on a server you create from within the MP game. If you try it on a 1.03a dedicated server it won't work because they're patched.

You can test the unban yourself on your own server just like luigi does in his vidz. It works fine.

Start your own server, ban your own nat ip, and then use unban to join your own server. I guess it works fine that way because the server included with the regular game isn't patched for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2008 00:46 

actually unban only works, rarely, on servers that do not have the patch against q3infoboom...
so patch ur own server against infoboom and it wont work :D
and no one really makes servers from in-game..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2008 12:41 

hey anyone know why when I type in my cmd: (ipconfig/release) - its sayz :
"The operation failed as no adapter is in the stare permissible for this operation." why is that ? :S wtf my comp make jokes with me >x0

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2008 12:47 

I don't see the relation with the topic, anyway could be possible that you use a static IP or you are behind a router/NAT without DHCP or you are directly connected to internet and so the ISP assigns you an IP at each connection that you cannot change

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]