Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 11:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multircon CS 1.6 Server Problem (Seems you are banned)
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010 08:23 

Hello.

I have two questions..

1st) I tried to run multircon on a 1.6 Counter-strike non steam server. It worked for some seconds, then I saw this "seems you have been banned".

How can i continue the brute force without having my ip banned?

2nd) In a nonsteam counter-strike server, a player gets banned by IP. He comes back within 3 or 4 seconds. it is not a lan game. Its an online game. I know restarting the router takes around 40 seconds or more. How did he return in only 3 seconds?

Post subject: Re: Multircon CS 1.6 Server Problem (Seems you are banned)
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010 17:32 

1)
if your ip is banned you can do nothing.
some games like the quake 3 engine is vulnerable to an unban bug but it works only with the "connect" packet, not rcon.

2)
if the time was 3 seconds it's for sure not an IP change thing (you should confirmation to the admin of that server), so it's probably an unban bug like the one in quake3.
personally I don't know/remember something similar in the old CS

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010 23:44 

you dont need to restart router in order to get new ip. you can release and request new, that takes about 1-3 seconds if there is no lag and its done right, with batch file.

you should do what Luigi told you, ask from server admin whats happening, if he uses different ip or unbans himself.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010 00:36 

Releasing and requesting IP from ipconfig does not change the WAN IP Address in my case. My Pc is connected to a router. releasing simply asks the DHCP server to give me another LAN IP, not WAN.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2010 21:18 

this isnt about you, is it ? you was talking about somebody doing it and that somebody may have different ISP and different method. he might be using modem only, in that case it DOES work and you can also go into your router settings and release it from there or go into router using telnet and release it and request new.

however this is not about modem/router/ip. im not replying to those sensless things anymore here. totally offtopic.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]