Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: mw2 exploits
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2011 00:48 

Has anyone done any work on possible mw2 exploits? The same that can be found on quake 3 (q3fill, infostring crash, etc)

Lately on the ps3 script kiddies run mw2 (and i hear mw1) with modded lobbies. The problem is that you can't joint a normal lobby. it's always a challenge/modded lobby, and the people in the lobbies are all kids. They will derank you, freeze you from using the start menu (so you can't leave as easily. you have to use the ps button to quit the whole game or turn ur ps3 off), rank you higher, and do al kinds of other things in game that isn't fair (auto aim, etc). It makes the game useless.

My idea is since sony and activision and infinity ward won't do shit, it's time to take the law into the hands of the people. If the ability to crash a modded lobby was there, that would stop them from doing alot of dumb shit on those modded lobbies. That or maybe wiping their game saves in a similar way they wipe your challenges/weapon unlocks/titles/emblems.

Thoughts?

PS I hear it runs the iw engine 4.0 (perhaps off unreal engine )

Post subject: Re: mw2 exploits
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2011 00:59 

basicly I know just nothing about mw2 except that it's the usual game based on the q3 engine like all the CoDs.

the main difference is that it uses a particular way to handle the matches (through daemonware or what?), indeed don't exist dedicated servers.
anyway I don't even have the game so I'm just "talking".

Post subject: Re: mw2 exploits
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011 07:37 

aluigi wrote:
basicly I know just nothing about mw2 except that it's the usual game based on the q3 engine like all the CoDs.

the main difference is that it uses a particular way to handle the matches (through daemonware or what?), indeed don't exist dedicated servers.
anyway I don't even have the game so I'm just "talking".

yeah it loves to put that hole in ur firewal when upnp is enabled for that service. The name escapes me at the moment (dmzing as we speak).

It's easy to play backed up games via ps3 now (or download them) as jailbreaking is easy to do on the latest official firmware (without any risks). Because of this I now have a hacked mw2 that gives me the same menus in game that they have. its a .ff file that you copy over. Now the problem is everyone is hosing these lobbies. One of the options is the ability to have "host lock" which makes you host auto when searching matches. With everyone running this, you can't run it (unless if you have a killer ass connection perhps). So either you run your own lobby or private match with your own friends or try to grab people who don't have a modded lobby and put them in yours (thats the only chance to play llegit is if you host ).

one thing that comes to mind though is ddos attack/flooding the host. Get the ip from wireshark, flood them (in a way one of the q3 tools you made does) and then it drops them and automatically picks the new host. There is already a method to get host without using the patch and cvar to get it (uses wireshark as it is and packet injection). so perhaps those could be combined.

this is all just talk to. PErhaps when I get time I can dabble with it. Busy with other projects at the moment :-/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]