Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: New bug in Q3engine??
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010 14:13 

I heard (yes i know, you dont like these kinds of topics xD) of a friend, that it's possible to change the rconpassword of a Jedi Academy 3 Server with the command to change the name.
i think its similiar to the vote bug, like modifiying the .exe.
so its like "/name; rconpassword test",?
Anyone heard about that too? Is it possible? and what must be changed?

best regards

racheteufel

Post subject: Re: New bug in Q3engine??
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010 06:24 

Aluigi's PoC replaces the ; char with a carriage return. I've found various uses for \r but name is useless if ur trying 2 change rcon

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010 10:12 

the names of the clients don't affect the server's cvars or commands like instead is done when a callvote passes so no way to do that with the simple changing/setting of the nickname

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010 19:12 

Whenever you use a console command, even if it does not exist or not, it gets sent to the server.
Example: /zxcv 123
Will be sent to the server to check for any valid response. If it cannot find one it sends you that "no command found" or something of the like. If it can affect anything I do not know. The server shouldn't do anything but send back to the client that the command does not exist. With Jedi Academy you can't really tell until you dig a little and we all know how faulty it is.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010 09:46 

and in case the command is somewhat filtered or already "aliased" it's enough to use the cmd one for forcing its sending.
anyway what's the relation with the doubt of the topic? (maybe I have missed something)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]