Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: New CoD WaW Fake Players
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010 14:25 

i usually play on the [-ib-] clan server for the WAR gametype but sometimes late at night their server only has a few people on. so i went and played on the [USMC] HAckerz DENIED server since it said there was 31 out of 36 players. The problem was I was not connected to the [USMC] clan server. I was connected to the [-ib-] clan server. So at first I thought this was a mistake so I tried connecting to another WAR gametype server that had a lot of people. So I went to the |K| New Maps 1.7 WAR server and was then connected back to the [-ib-] clan server.

now i knew something was up. I pressed tab and noticed my ping was around 80. Usually I ping about 20 to their server. Apparently they have some sort of new fake player thing going on which if you click to join any of these 4 - 6 other servers it redirects you to their server to help populate their server. When I went back to the actual IB server my ping was back to 20.

here is a screenshot of what i am talking about

i cannot say i blame them for doing this since nobody here was succesfully able to make a cod waw fake players tool without getting past the demonware thing, but i think whoever made this method is basically doing a better job then spamming random text. From what i have seen its kept their server populated all the time.

i can tell which are the cloned servers that redirect people to the IB server because if i hit server info on the in game browser it comes up black where on the other hand if i click on IB's server it actually gives me the info on their server. Location, players, etc.

i can also tell you that I think whoever made this is using Visual Studio 2005 or higher. Look at this video on a guy who made a cloned server for CSS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC78AXjwmzc

anyone think they know how we can make this new cod5 fake player for ourselves?

xD <3 this site! >.<!

Post subject: Re: New CoD WaW Fake Players
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010 21:08 

Quote:
i cannot say i blame them for doing this since nobody here was succesfully able to make a cod waw fake players tool without getting past the demonware thing

the demonware authorization is necessary for the "fake players bug", so the filling of the slots of servers of other people with the intent of causing a Denial of Service.

who wants to fill the own server to "attract" more players doesn't need to think to these things and can modify its own server to avoid the checking of the authorization from a particular host (maybe 127.0.0.1)

don't make confusion between fake players intended as attack and as way to gain more users.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010 02:27 

okay sorry for confusing this, but i mainly came here wanting to know how they are doing this?

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2010 19:16 

they modify server.exe or other file that handles players. it was discussed somewhere here before, im sure Luigi knows where exactly.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2010 22:19 

If your refering to hex editing I already know how to do that and have successfully done it for CoD5. What I would like to know is how these guys are redirecting people from these cloned servers with random server names to servers that actually give server info. The other night I went to some random WAR server and it redirected me to the [-ib-] one like usual, but this time I noticed that the IP address was that of the cloned server and not the actual IP address of the IB server when I held tab and viewed the server ip.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2010 23:10 

if you see the IP of the server in which you joined (joined in "network" terms, not joined as you see from in-game) it means it's an UDP proxy, simple.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2010 21:42 

So do you think this is something that is specific with CoD5 or do you think it can be done for other CoD games or "other" FPS games for that matter?

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2010 14:22 

it's something valid for any game, when you register your server on the master server and have the udp datapipe (proxy with fixed destination) running you need nothing else.

obviously could exist some exceptions caused by games/softwares that use complex authentication mechanisms but for the 99% of the games it's a simple job.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010 02:21 

Yeah I have talked to the the owner of the server and he said that they are fake servers. He did not tell me me how he did it. Anyone know how to make a fake server?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]