Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: GSA Admin
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2010 21:41 

Recently I've been using peerchat_irc to connect to gamespy's peerchat and explore the way system works. The problem is that I have normal privilegies (normal user), I saw that one guy hacked admin rights like a month ago and kicked chatmonitor from the room and started banning players, how is that possible? is there another server used by admins like I heard about gpsp.gamespy.com?

Post subject: Re: GSA Admin
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2010 23:04 

personally I have only created the tool so I know nothing about the Gamespy stuff and its problems (I'm not interested in things that don't lead to a research or an advisory).

but my real question is: do you really think that someone who has informations about this problem on Gamespy (that can be a bug or maybe a way known by the admins/moderators of GS) would like to share it with an unknown person on a public forum???
mah

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010 07:55 

gpsp.gamespy.com is just a server to query the userbase and search it(like find all profiles on a given email, etc) it has nothing to do with admin

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010 19:54 

yes gpsp.gamespy.com on port 2000 (got some logs from 2004 :P) was running a irc server back in the day but that was like 2004 if i rember right it gave me maybe the guy had a admin user name and account and used oper to gain admin rights

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]