Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: q3fill too many players to ip
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010 10:00 

When i run q3fill I creates about 2-3 fake bots then says ...too many players for ip or something. How can I get around this? I download TOR and proxyfirewall but i am unsure how to get them to work with command prompt and fix the problem. I'm running XP. Thanks

Post subject: Re: q3fill too many players to ip
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 04:43 

the server is blocking it, i doubt u can get around it. server probably has a mod or fix.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 22:51 

q3fill is totally boring topic to me, however if you want to bypass it, then TOR does not help you at all, you need proxy software that is able to rotate proxy servers. like proxy firewall which you mentioned.

you simply need lot of good proxy servers, you add them into list and make it rotate them every like 10 seconds. so after every 10 seconds you have new ip.
with cmd is easy, make a batch file to execute it, and add it into proxy firewall manually, that is in case it does not get automatically detected.

@evan what are you on about ? ofc server has fix if it says too many from same ip. thats obvious enought and its easily bypassable if you can just bother to google for free proxy servers

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010 06:50 

ok thanks ill try that

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010 06:51 

do I get Socks5 or the other proxies?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010 17:39 

Also, all of the bots I q3fill have 999 ping... Any solutions?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010 12:37 

you need UDP proxies, which are quite hard to find or SOCKS4. you need to google around about proxies, like what is SOCKS4 and what is SOCKS5 and also what is TCP and UDP.
whatever works for you.. just test, such things are never easy as 123.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010 20:18 

Regarding the 999 ping, it's because they are fake players. They don't keep in constant communication with the server, so it looks like they have a "high ping"... it's just because they aren't replying (being fake players) and the highest ping it shows is 999. Eventually they time out and are removed from the server.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010 22:52 

as Soma said, because they dont communicate with server, they just pop up and thats it.

Ping is calculate between 2 or more packets.
1. client sends packet to server
2. server sends response
and based on the quickness of response, is calculate the ping, but fake players does not send any packets, so called "keep alive" packets, which means they have no ping.
more accurate ping, is when it is calculate on more than 4 packets. "request > response > request > response".

it is quite easy to add the feature to send the "keep alive" packets, maybe Luigi will implant it, its good idea actually. however this would not make them show ping, it would just keep them in server without timing out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]