Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Solved]Quake 3 Engine Directory Transversal PoC 0.2.2
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010 22:12 

Hello Aluigi,
First of all thanks so much for your hard work discovering these bugs. Before I start I am run a COD2 1.0 server (No Punkbuster), which runs the Quake 3 Engine. A while ago our server was compromised. I am trying to basically do as the intruder would have done. Brute Forcing the RCON password seems to be impossible as I didn't see any excessive packets or commands being sent to the server in the logs. I stumbled upon your Q3 Engine Directory Transversal PoC 0.2.2 program. I tried this to see if the intruder could have in fact downloaded the configuration file. I followed the instructions on the program, but when I executed the command to download the file the map restarts on the client, but I can't find the downloaded file any where. I know it is supposed to go into the game folder, but I don't see it anywhere. Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you again.

-Colin

Last edited by colin on 21 Aug 2010 07:11, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Quake 3 Engine Directory Transversal PoC 0.2.2
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2010 22:49 

I also tried one other thing. I have a COD 2 1.3 server as well and the config file did download, but showed up in the App Data folder. I don't know why it won't work for 1.0

Thanks,
-Colin

Post subject: Re: Quake 3 Engine Directory Transversal PoC 0.2.2
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010 15:25 

Guys.... any answer??

Thanks,
-Colin

Post subject: Re: [Solved]Quake 3 Engine Directory Transversal PoC 0.2.2
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2010 09:15 

it's possible that with cod2 1.0 it doesn't work because uses a structure a bit different so it's not supported by q3dirtrav.

I guess you already know it, anyway take a look here if it's a problem of paths:
post3478.html#p3478

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]