Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: CoD4 Fake Server Status.
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2010 11:32 

Hello all.
I am called Tsirou and i have a very strange question.Yesterday I was searching on Gametracker for some cod4 Paintball servers.I saw a server with 33/34 players on it.I copied the ip and i joined.On Xfire was showing 33/34 players.But when i was in it was only 12!....that's very strange.Take a link to see how many players is the server showing and how many really have. ( http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .81:28965/ ).Is any1 That Can explain this to me..If yes how i can do the same on my server??

Post subject: Re: CoD4 Fake Server Status.
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010 01:26 

How this is done has been answered a few times on this forum. Here is how it can be done for CoD WaW: post10697.html#p10697

This is how it's probably done for most games, depending upon the difficulty of the protocol. Basically intercepting & editing the response packet your server sends to clients who request how many players are in it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]