Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: COD4 Server Crash Questions
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2010 19:27 

Hello Luigi,

Thanks for checking out my question.

A year ago when you released the patch to the cod4va problem you really helped sustain our server from attack. Now I am looking through your tools and I'm trying to figure out if you know of any sort of exploits or PoC's that bring down a Call of Duty 4 1.7 server. So my general questions would be:

1. Is a server more vunerable if it is running PB or if it is turned off?

2. I have tried using q3dirt, infoboom, cod4va etc but all seem to do nothing to the server in terms of crashing, do you know of any other methods to have a server crash?

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: COD4 Server Crash Questions
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010 00:00 

What problem is your server having? looks like you're just looking for crash tools LOL , didnt even mention a problem with ur server

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2010 16:39 

Kane491 wrote:
What problem is your server having? looks like you're just looking for crash tools LOL , didnt even mention a problem with ur server

I've been here for awhile .. old account name is tictacman08 .. so since 2008. Luigi previously helped me with a terrible crashing issue because somebody was using the cod4va on our server. He was able to make a patch to which we fixed our server and no longer have the problem.

My problem I figured was obvious, our server is being crashed by somebody. I've tried to use all the tools provided on your site including q3dirt, infoboom etc, but all of them do not do anything.. which I suppose is one good thing :)

For example.. a user came into the server said "I'm going to crash your server".. within a minute, everybody is kicked out and it crashes. I have to than manually log into the game panel and restart the server.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2010 01:13 

tictacman2010 wrote:
Kane491 wrote:

I've been here for awhile .. old account name is tictacman08 .. so since 2008. Luigi previously helped me with a terrible crashing issue because somebody was using the cod4va on our server. He was able to make a patch to which we fixed our server and no longer have the problem.

My problem I figured was obvious, our server is being crashed by somebody. I've tried to use all the tools provided on your site including q3dirt, infoboom etc, but all of them do not do anything.. which I suppose is one good thing :)

For example.. a user came into the server said "I'm going to crash your server".. within a minute, everybody is kicked out and it crashes. I have to than manually log into the game panel and restart the server.

do logfile 2 when he next crashes it

and upload ur qconsole.log , filter outt rconpass when u upload it f its in qconsole log

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2010 16:13 

Kane491 wrote:
tictacman2010 wrote:
Kane491 wrote:

do logfile 2 when he next crashes it

and upload ur qconsole.log , filter outt rconpass when u upload it f its in qconsole log

Currently we are already running logfile 2 in the config file for the server, however once the server crashes it doesn't record the information. I'll try to get our provider to add some kind of extra logging system to it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]