Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: GS_Login_Emulator Password
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010 22:38 

Hi, im rewriting your gamespy login emulator at the moment (works great btw) for e.g. mysql support.

I have some problems: Ive done a bit of research with wireshark and with your c source (i dont see through completely btw) but i stuck here:
The server send "\lc\1\challenge\<random>\id\1\final\" and the clients answers with (gpcm.gamespy.com):
"\login\\challenge\<random>\uniquenick\<accname>\response\<dunno what this is>\port\1624\productid\10493\gamename\battlefield2d\namespaceid\12\id\1\final\".
What i dont understand is: The server answers with a ok if you enter the correct password ("\lc\2\...") but gives you an error if you dont. But i cant see the password anywhere in the data sent by the client. <dunno what this is> seems to be an md5 hash but when i try to decrypt it with common md5 decrypters it wont give me back my password (in fact it doesnt even give back anything).

Can you help me luigi?

Post subject: Re: GS_Login_Emulator Password
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010 00:49 

Luigi helped me out with this one in 2006 via an email! Oh how the time flies by... The response field contains your password, and a bit more. Here's how it's generated:

md5(md5pass + 48spaces + username + clientchallenge + serverchallenge + md5pass)

md5pass: the md5 hash of your password
48spaces: Just like it says, 48 spaces (I think 0x20 in hex is 1 space)
username: self explanatory, your username
clientchallenge: the challenge sent by your client. i think this can be anything, but I usually make it a random 32 character hexadecimal string
serverchallenge: the challenge sent by the gamespy server when you connected. usually this is 10 characters long
md5pass: again, the md5 hash of your password

Do an md5 hash of all these put together in 1 string, and you have your response hash.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010 08:07 

excellt. Thanks very much.
Let me guess: Your a python guy :)

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2010 04:41 

php :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]