Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: JmeetREC 0.2 - possible bug?
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007 19:27 

Appears to be a minor 'bug'

When error code 404 appears. program cycles into "wait mode" and repeats as it should. This works well.

When error code 403 appears. program cycles into "wait mode" if no password is entered and return key is pressed. At this point the "wait mode" appears to "lock-up".

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007 22:04 

mmnvrr strange i suppose the question you could ask your self is it viable to exploit this.I mean like a local dos exploit :D.Not much good unless we can execute shell code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007 22:05 

hey lemming, I think that problem happens when there are no other users in the list of webcams to check, for example you have 2 webcams to check and both of them are passworded and you skip them.
This is what I have seen here, can you check if this is the reason?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007 23:24 

Hi Luigi,

I have performed 2 different and seperate tests:

Test #1: A Webcam currently offline.

the intent appears to work fine. The "Error 404" is displayed when camera is offline or non-existent. This is fine as the "wait mode" cycle begins and repeats as it should until the camera comes online. However, after approx 30 minutes where the camera has not come online (this seems to be a random period) the "Error 404" changes to "Error 403" Camera Passworded, enter password or press enter......At this point when the return key is pressed, the "Wait mode" cycle begins BUT DOES Not repeat. The program freezes.

Test #2: A Webcam currently ONLINE but passworded

"Error 403" Camera Passworded, enter password or press enter......At this point when the return key is pressed, the "Wait mode" cycle begins BUT DOES Not repeat. The program freezes.

I hope this provides you with enough info

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]