Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Oblivion dds files Ps3 and Pc
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010 21:46 

I have two examples of dds file in the linked folder. One Is an example of a dds file compatible with the PC version of Elder scrolls: Oblivion. The other is an example of one ripped from the PS3 version (which i own)

I am trying to find a way to get these pc textures to load on a ps3. I was able to get pc meshes to load on ps3, but not these textures. Out of curiosity, i opened one of each type in my hex editor. The files start very similarly. Here is the first 58 bytes.

Code:
PS3:
DDS |....................................................................... .......DXT1

PC:
DDS |....................................................................... .......DXT5

The DXT is the only difference between the two..which i am about to google. In the mean time, is there a way to convert the pc .dds to ps3? I only need a one way conversion

Mirror to reference samples: http://www.mediafire.com/?72b6ldyn4uefcuv

Post subject: Re: Oblivion dds files Ps3 and Pc
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010 08:06 

I guess that almost any dds editor can save the file using a different compression method.
if I'm not in error there is something on the nvidia website but I'm sure you can find more help on the Graphics section on the Xentax forum

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]