Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: key2pb
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009 23:17 

I was searching for this tool or the source code and did some research without positive results. key2pb tool from luigi doesn't work, i tryed to find correct seed for CoD2 but it was pointless. Then i wrote to Punkbuster asking them if they could provide some hints or help so i'll post you what they said.

QUESTION:
Quote:
Every time i want to get my real pb_guid i have to login to online server and type in console \pb_myguid , as you posted under download your md5 source code i assume that's the way guid hashed are generated from the cd-key. I'm assking you if you could provide me some SDK or give me the generation seed so i can build an application which will generate real pb_guid from the cd-key so i don't have to enter game every time i need to read it.

ANSWER from PB staff "Hendrik T" was:
Quote:
The MD5 source code is for files, not for cdkey hashes. It's a different non-public algorithm. There is no SDK available. Sorry.

So people to find out how to generate REAL pb_guid from the key we need to reverse hash generating algorithm from original "online server".

Post subject: Re: key2pb
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009 12:20 

eh eh eh asking similar things to PB is the perfect way for not having an answer :)

key2pb is the correct tool, you need only to know the seed or seeds to use.
in my opinion the values should be 0x00b684a3 and 0x00051a56 as in cod4/5, so:

key2pb YOUR_CDKEY 0x00b684a3 0x00051a56

the cdkey should be bracketless (without '-') but don't worry because the tool will automatically compute it so you will have 2 results, one using the cdkey exactly as you typed it and another with the lower case bracketless cdkey.

check the result with the one visible on the server and tell me if it's ok.

Post subject: Re: key2pb
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2010 22:55 

it works for cod series used myself for cod2 and Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare hundreds of times :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]