Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newest guitar game encryption, undecryptable?
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 01:48 

The newest major game about guitars, has obviously a new FSB encryption, because it was (at least for me) impossible to decrypt the songname.fsb.xen files.

Here at Scorehero is a great tutorial how to extract the files.
I've followed the { Creating Custom FSB.XEN File (Manually) } manual.
On this point I have to say that I had to use the newest version of fsbext cause of fsb4. I've got till step 3 because the programm asks me for password all the time. After some googling I've found this thread.
Trust me, I've tried every single proposal in this thread, every single try led into wrong password. So basicly I'm stuck on step 3.

My goal is basicly to get the multitracks files, so all the tutorials for replacing songs on this game are useless for me.

HERE a file directly from the (x360)iso, without any modifications.

Would be really great if someone could help. Thanks

Update: I got a decrypted PS3 guitar game with all the game files, which means I got the songs from this version. The filestructure is almost the same as the 360's one, but for example the songs are named songname_1.fsb.ps3
I personally think this might be interesting to look at simply because I didn't find any forum or website which provide a decryption for these files.
HERE is the same song, as I've linked before its only from ps3 now.

Last edited by AlexonlyAlex on 19 Oct 2010 01:19, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Newest guitar game encryption, undecryptable?
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 07:19 

yeah unfortunately guessfsb can't seems to be able to find the new password and the old one is not working in this new game to convert the .fsb to .xma, I guess it must be hidden somewhere else...

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 10:23 

the problem is not in guessfsb, the fact is that in a fsb file protected by password you can easily see parts of the password repeated and repeated again in the dump showed by fsbext when you type "?".

so in my opinion the things are two:
- the file has not been xen decrypted (I talk also for the other thread opened on this forum where has been reported that the file was decrypted but there were no success results)
- there is a new fmod encryption (seems strange but I will check it)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 10:53 

aluigi wrote:
the problem is not in guessfsb, the fact is that in a fsb file protected by password you can easily see parts of the password repeated and repeated again in the dump showed by fsbext when you type "?".

so in my opinion the things are two:
- the file has not been xen decrypted (I talk also for the other thread opened on this forum where has been reported that the file was decrypted but there were no success results)
- there is a new fmod encryption (seems strange but I will check it)

If you have some time, please just try to get through. I'm not a pro, I can't say if this tool decrypted xen thingy, but the same version of this tool did on a "guitar game 5" fsb.xen good job, so please, judge yourself.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010 01:07 

I've updated my first post.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010 17:09 

I see a certain "scheme" in the file (moreover near the end) but for sure it doesn't use the 2 password methods of the fsb files otherwise the pass was visible

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010 21:54 

So what you think can you find a solution for this?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010 13:09 

I can't debug the game so I can do nothing

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010 14:46 

what is the problem Luigi ? will it crash, when you try to debug ?
i had issues with Resident Evil 5, still having, but using Phant0m plugin for olly, i was able to make it work in the level where it was still crashing and lagging, but after few tries i got what i was after.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2010 23:31 

no, simply I don't have a x360 and even in that case I don't have the minimal idea of how putting the hands on it at that level

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010 13:55 

ah i missed the x360 part. i dont understand why ppl play those gay console games anyway, useless.
however there should be tools (software and hardware) for that. like gameshark for playstations and such, which allow you to tamper with the memory, im sure there's debuggers too, which allow you to get the info you need. since i have no interest in any console game debugging or hacking, i dont know any details.

i have only made some codebreaker cheats/hacks for Gran Turismo 4 on PS2, thats as far as i have gone with it and it was already hard to make. decrypt the codes, then find the breakpoints, figuring out the button combinations and then encrypting it again.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2010 07:31 

Just wanted to note that I took a look at this and noticed some interesting patterns, someone better than me might want to take another crack at it: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=44624#p44624

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 03:29 

Maybe you still could take a look at the files based on the informations by hcs?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]