Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: CoD4 Patch 1.7 Fake Guid
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010 12:33 

Hello all again.Is there any way to inject a dll and get to your cod4 a fake guid ( guid from your choice ) ? If not can someone make a dll having a random guid and upload it @ this website?
[u]Thanks for your time![-/u]

Post subject: Re: CoD4 Patch 1.7 Fake Guid
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010 02:34 

Another CoD4 thread? Damn.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010 20:38 

tsirou wrote:
Hello all again.Is there any way to inject a dll and get to your cod4 a fake guid ( guid from your choice ) ? If not can someone make a dll having a random guid and upload it @ this website?
[u]Thanks for your time![-/u]

Thanks for stopping by, the door is that way ->

Can't really respond to this idiotic post

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2010 14:42 

probably Luigi places this into trash anyway, but i ask a question too then or make it 3.

1. is there even any way to change GUID ?
2. how does GUID get from client to server ? only reason why ppl want to change it, is because they get banned. so this brings me to this, that GUID have to leave computer and go into server. if thats the case, why not just use proxocket and either block the packet or make a filter to change it.
3. where GUID is stored ? cant you just change it ? like in registry ?

NOTE - i have never done any research on GUID, those questions/suggestions were only made based on logic on how computers work.

if there's still some confusion, like some ppl asking for a .dll. is it really so hard to read what GUID is ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guid

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 02:33 

Sethioz wrote:
probably Luigi places this into trash anyway, but i ask a question too then or make it 3.

1. is there even any way to change GUID ?
2. how does GUID get from client to server ? only reason why ppl want to change it, is because they get banned. so this brings me to this, that GUID have to leave computer and go into server. if thats the case, why not just use proxocket and either block the packet or make a filter to change it.
3. where GUID is stored ? cant you just change it ? like in registry ?

NOTE - i have never done any research on GUID, those questions/suggestions were only made based on logic on how computers work.

if there's still some confusion, like some ppl asking for a .dll. is it really so hard to read what GUID is ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guid

cod4 uses an encryption algorithium, cd key is encrypted into a hash, called the guid. the guid is sent to server, the server checks if it is banned or not, and allows/denys access to server. 2 parts to the guid i think, not really clear on cod4.

1) yes you can change guid, by either spoofing it in connect modifier (you must have a valid spoofed guid i think, which makes it useless cuz u could just switch cd keys) or changing your cd key

im a lil drunk right now so sorry if im fucking up lol

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2010 05:16 

Look in to the fake players thread for CoD4 to learn more about it. The GUID is a hash of the cdkey, nothing more. Sure it can be changed/modified in transit/etc.. but that doesn't mean you can just do that and be fine. There is more to it than that.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2010 16:51 

Just change your cdkey.

Injecting & changing is possible (Rainer did it on WolfET), but your injection needs to be undetected by PB.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011 10:27 

if guid is cd-key (hashed), then you cant change it.
well as said, you can, but then you cant play in legal servers and you would need a crack for your game.
cd-key/guid has to be valid or you cant join any games

if i missed something, correct me.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011 18:48 

*slightly off-topic*

If you happen to have your very own DDoS'er, and you are trying to enter a server without being banned, you could attempt to crash the master server. This however would, i presume, require a considerable amount of bots (zombie pc's) to crash it. The only con by using this method is that you wont be able to view the server list, if all is successful.

PS: To find out the master server IP, join the server, then scroll up in the console a bit until you find something like "Sending heartbeats to codmaster.activision.com." Next, just ping it using cmd to retrieve the ip, then ddos it using a standard port (80, 443 etc) if you didn't manage to acquire the one its using

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2011 18:52 

it's obvious that when the authentication server you are free to do what you want, exactly like happened some months ago with Gamespy where you were able to play without problems with any banned/invalid cdkey for something like one week.

but this is not the solution

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]