Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: OrkDec
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011 03:04 

hey guys im having this error everytime i try to run "orkdec_files_loader"
"error: the neede function has not been found in the process"

what should i do?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011 03:37 

the possibilities are two:
- you are not using the nocd executable of your game (and so it's encrypted)
- the game or its version is unsupported

I guess the first hypothesis is the correct one, anyway let me know the name of the game

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011 05:45 

aluigi wrote:
the possibilities are two:
- you are not using the nocd executable of your game (and so it's encrypted)
- the game or its version is unsupported

I guess the first hypothesis is the correct one, anyway let me know the name of the game

thanks for the assitance luigi i manage to fix the thing it happened because the game was loading from the back up i made from the original exe, i deleted it and it worked, now i got i question for you guys, do you have anny idea of what file governs the amount of models per squad, and the amount of bodies that lie in the floor, im sure is a text file i will start searching but if you guys could help me ill apreciate that a lot :D.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011 23:16 

uhmm this one seems a question for modders and I don't know if there are any on this forum.
hope someone can help you

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011 00:14 

aluigi wrote:
uhmm this one seems a question for modders and I don't know if there are any on this forum.
hope someone can help you

dammit i was close, but it seems i opened the wrong file :P, i also think were the squad sizes are but is only a suposition anyway great tools there i almost modded the game.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011 21:32 

Wow! This is cool. Just stumbled on this. Thanks for the effort to allow modding of MoC:BM. Before I dive into this tool, has anyone noticed whether there are editable data files in the .orks? The few of us that still play this game have long lamented that if just a few tweaks could be made to a couple of the stats here and there (e.g. damage type vulnerabilities of a few units, missing faction bonuses), it would go a long way in solving multiplayer balance issues. Anyone seen anything like that in the unpacked files?

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011 19:57 

First, to answer the question:
game.orc and gamecampaign.orc define each side, stats, and about a billion other things.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ct1he2ntc1llnuf
The file "stats in game.orc.txt" is a (outdated) copy of what is what, used to make a few of the little demo things like the chariots and VC "side" (http://www.mediafire.com/?7fiqir9r0kk68ru). Obviously, the campaign file is specificly for campaign, game.orc for everything else.

The issue is simply decompiling and recompiling the entire file. Didn't get around to it yet, and need to get my computer out of hock to try it.

I know what you mean about the stats too. There's just some units you'd be stupid to use versus others. Also, the missing sound effects that are clearly in the game? Yeah, not their best work here.

+_+

Also, I'd like to make a request...
There's also a built-in compressor, used for at the least, compiling stage data and error log information. Is there a chance you could glean those filenames as well?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2