Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 11:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ventrcon channel bug
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011 07:28 

Hey, thanks for a great tool :)

I've encountered a bug when using the Ventrcon pipe. It seems that the pipe only caches the list of rooms upon the start of Ventrcon. This presents a problem for rooms that are created from within the Ventrilo client *after* Ventcon has been launched. When issuing commands like /chan list it doesn't show up in the list of channels. This also effects trying to delete rooms through the pipe (since Ventrcon says they don't exist [delete chan 0 is echoed in the command prompt]).

I was sorting through the C code, but honestly, I couldn't find where you were parsing either the INI file, or requesting a list of rooms from the server. Your code is a tad over my head

Any direction to resolving this issue would be great. I can program, so if you can show me the method I should be looking at for this patch, that would be sweet.

Thanks again for a great program.

Post subject: Re: Ventrcon channel bug
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011 21:49 

uhmmm I guess I understand the problem.
the fact is that at the moment I can't do much because the tool was written as a "spin-off" of my fake players tool for being able to send quick rcon commands on the fly, so things more complex like the real-time handling of the chans wasn't planned.
at the moment I don't have solutions.
sorry.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]