Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 14:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: halo cd key check
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2011 06:15 

hi im trying to remove the cd key check from halo combat pc dedicated server .. ive tried the patchers ive found online but non seem to work any help would me apreciated thanks in advance.. im working on haloded.exe version 1.01

Post subject: Re: halo cd key check
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2011 15:34 

i have absolutely no idea about halo protocol and how it works. if its encrypted ..etc
but i do have one general suggestion.
i would go for using some packet editor and editing a packet. for example if client sends invalid cd-key, then server always gets the reply that cd key is valid.
if protocol is not encrypted you can easily find that packet by joining the server with valid cd-key, then with invalid. replace the invalid with valid and it should work perfectly.

if im correct, Luigi's proxocket works only on TCP, once again i cant remember hehe
WPE pro works on TCP/UDP and im sure there are others to intercept and change packets.

however wait and see if Luigi has better idea/s

PostPosted: 13 May 2011 18:51 

Do you know what connections the halo dedicated server makes? Where does it connect to and to what remote port?

PostPosted: 24 May 2011 17:46 

get a packet sniffer and check. i suggest commview with process rule to monitor only halo.exe (or whatever the game and/or server is called)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]