Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 14:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: VAC (steam)
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2008 04:10 

how does this VAC exactly work ? have you Luigi done any research on it (or anybody else).
because i just got vac banned for nothing. ive only played half-life's mod svencoop..for like whole year or more. and ONLY that. i even dont have other games installed. I have custom HD models there and thats all.
can one of the following give false positive in VAC:

1. I am running zonealarm security suite (with program control on high) and it keep popping up some stuff that ''steam wants to communicate with system...blablabla'' I used to allow it, but for last 1-2 weeks I denyd it.

2. i am using monitor calibration tool (used to set brightness, colors..etc)

3. some gameoverlayul.exe wants to connect into internet, ive alwasy denyd it.

4. does vac scan for hacks only when im playing or always when steam is running, because ive used memory editors and some other tools while steam was running.

i would ask steam ... but they r bunch of retards and never answer. ive tried to ask them things before...they never give answers. Its just pissing me off. on STEAM site it CLEARLY says that:
models are allowed, drivers, software tweak...etc updates DOES NOT result in ban. it says that editing .dll core files of game or .exe files of game will result in ban. so wtf is this crap ...
it really banned me because i denyd steam from communicating with system and denyd gameoverlayul.exe from connecting into net.???!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2008 12:42 

Personally I have never used/tested VAC

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2008 20:16 

#1, I don't know...
#2, I don't know...
#3, if it always pops up ONLY when you are using something with Steam, booting it up, logging in, starting up a game... I would approve of it every time.
#4, VAC is supposed to only 'scan' for hacks/exploits/cheats when you are connecting to a VAC server, once you have connected to one you are screwed, no stopping it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2008 04:23 

it didnt pop up right away...it popped up while i had been in game for like 1-5 mins. and other thing was that stupid ass ''gameoverlayul.exe'' that wanted to connect as soon as i booted up steam game ''svencoop''.
also when this shit popped up in game...that it wants to communicate with system...when i put deny and quit game and tried to boot up game again ... then it said that ''game is unavailable, try again later''. i had to exit steam and boot it up again .. then it worked.

STEAM and VAC sucks big time !!! it DOES give false positives !!! unlike they say on site...''VAC does not give false positives'' well IT DOES !! i havent done any research on VAC, but its a fucking spyware like piece of junk, thats what it is. i mean y the hell it needs to communicate with my system files ?? I can run whatever i want in my pc...if it doesnt effect GAMEPLAY then its not a fucking hack.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]