Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: server for low ping
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008 19:15 

Hello,

I can't use q3fill in some servers. You can see error message in image.

What i will do to use q3fill always?

Thanks

Attachments:
asdasd.JPG
asdasd.JPG [ 63.64 KiB | Viewed 766 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008 19:31 

there is no solution or work-around to this problem at the moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008 01:36 

ok i saw it before, but wanted to see what Luigi says about it :)
Luigi, is the problem that ping is too low ? like some kind of a anti-fake player ? because as i imagine fake players have no ping or very low ping.
is this the case ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008 16:23 

always?
if ur banned u cant use it
apparently, if ur ping is too high nothing can connect
if its passworded u cant connect
if it has a mod, and u dont know the way through the mod, u cant connect

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008 21:49 

Always.

No one can ban me , beacuse i can change my IP.

I can't use fake_player_bug to some servers. Like this : 89.19.3.68:29070 (on the picture)

I have very good ping on this server (like 25-30) , beacuse its in to my country. And i am not writing reconnect or rate commands connecting to server. Beacuse i not need them.

But i can't use fake players, beacuse my ping is too high (??? wtf =_=) Why i can see this message , my ping is very good for on my attacks ..

Quote:
Luigi, is the problem that ping is too low ?

If ping is too low , maybe server command to 5-10 ping to low ? It's a tactic for fake players?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008 23:02 

the ping thing is still not clear, the q3 protocol is very simple so the only thing about I can think is the lack of one or more game specific parameters in the "connect" string... but doesn't convince me.

then please don't post the IP addresses of servers otherwise I can't help you or do hypothesis about a problem, I'm not interested to what you want to test moreover if the server is not yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008 01:26 

leonheart wrote:

anyone can easily change their ip, just usually ur internet wont work >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008 07:42 

evan1715 wrote:
leonheart wrote:

anyone can easily change their ip, just usually ur internet wont work >_<

I don't think he's talking about changing the IP of your network adapter. He's most likely doing common tricks to change your IP:

Cable ISPs: change the mac of the CPE device and reset the modem
DSL ISPs: reset the modem

As for changing your IP, it's nice until they notice multiple banned IP addresses that look alike. Then they just block your entire subnet, or contact your ISP and explain what you're doing.

Anyways, that message is too vague to really determine what causes it. I would start taking notes of what servers do this. Find out what mods they run, what your ping is to them, etc. Basically, write down any information that can help. Then compare/contrast the data with servers that work fine for you, and see what it might be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2008 15:39 

i get no response from that server at all...

Quote:
As for changing your IP, it's nice until they notice multiple banned IP addresses that look alike. Then they just block your entire subnet, or contact your ISP and explain what you're doing.

not gonna happen :) trust me, i know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008 07:08 

Sethioz wrote:
i get no response from that server at all...

Quote:

not gonna happen :) trust me, i know.

Blocking out a subnet?...it can happen, and it does. I used to talk to a guy that ran a BF2 Demo server that managed bans like this for people who kept coming back (since banning in the demo is flawed because you can use whatever cd-key you wish, there is no check. most demo mods ban by this randomly generated cd key). All it takes is a whois of the IP to find out the range it's in, and then a simple iptables command (if you're on linux) to block out the subnet.

Example: iptables -A INPUT -s 12.13.14.0/24 -j DROP

...will drop everything in 12.13.14.*. If you have access at the firewall level you can also use something like an access list: access-list 10 deny ip 12.13.14.0 0.0.0.255

As for contacting the ISP... well your ISP probably isn't going to do anything except maybe send a letter to you... since you're their customer :P. But they definitely can turn off your service if you're causing a denial of service (flooding servers is a denial of service, because you are denying service to legitimate users). I can guarantee that it violates their TOS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008 15:19 

if it comes to blocking subnet .. yeah i know. but if u take closer look into ips, then you see that a lot of ISP use like 1.2.3.* ips and they not even in same country. it just makes it harder. you need to change ip more than once, but in most cases more than last number changes. (take my ISP for example. my ips totally change, all numbers).
but they wont even bother to monitor net..so they never gonna send a letter or anything. at least here it not gonna happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2008 18:26 

problem solved in version 0.4.3a, that LOW_PING message is a check used in JA+

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008 02:31 

Sethioz wrote:
if it comes to blocking subnet .. yeah i know. but if u take closer look into ips, then you see that a lot of ISP use like 1.2.3.* ips and they not even in same country. it just makes it harder. you need to change ip more than once, but in most cases more than last number changes. (take my ISP for example. my ips totally change, all numbers).
but they wont even bother to monitor net..so they never gonna send a letter or anything. at least here it not gonna happen.

But if the admin is smart, he will be doing a whois on each IP you connect with to found out all the different blocks you're in, and ban them all as he needs. Eventually, he will get all of the ones owned by your ISP, since your ISP doesn't own them all :P.

But if you were just banned once, and you connect in a different block and don't cause problems, yea they probably wont notice, and wont ban you again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008 19:49 

Q3noclient detected by Norton internet Security 2008

details -> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-021914-2822-99

(it sez high risk @@ my norton)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008 00:51 

HuRRaCaNe already there is a thread opened about antiviruses:

/antiviruse ... -t273.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]