Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Q3MsgBoom
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009 15:30 

Just to clear things up for me... aluigi, you have said that you haven't found a real fix for msgboom, just removal of the vsay command ... what all games does this bug affect (and is still not patched)?
I assume it is fixable if the game has the source code released? Or correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm just asking because I was able to fix msgboom for jk2 1.02 without the source code, and I'd like to try for other games if it's a problem for them (I know jk2 suffers from a slightly different bug, but still)
Just want to understand the deal with msgboom. :)

Post subject: Re: Q3MsgBoom
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009 19:00 

uhmmm if I remember well the problem it was mainly a matter of compatibility between all the versions and games (I like universal solutions in the case of the engines).

the bug in fact is probably the same (ever if I'm not in error) of codmsgboom/jamsgbof where there I created a real fix (moreover because in that occasion the problem affected mainly the server), but in the case of the other quake games there were problems locating that same instruction, maybe it's located in the qvm files instead of dlls... don't know, I don't like chaotic or confused things (read the Fix section of my advisory and the SV_SendServerCommand function in sv_main.c of ioquake3)

I have made a quick search now and "seems" that the mod q3mm uses an internal fix of msgboom but there are no details

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]