Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Crash - steam
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009 18:15 

ill try and luigi i didnt use it from localhost use it from other location.

i did try it, the message NET_QueuePacket: Oversize packet from my ip:xxxxx dose not apear any more in console but the server still freez with time out.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009 18:30 

it's normal that the server freezes because the connection is saturated, if you use 60000 instead 4010 the effect is even worst.
the byte I told you to change just reduces the max size of the packet passed to recvfrom, so the "effect" (or is better to say the non-effect because the packet is not handled) is just like if you use 4011 in a normal server

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009 20:17 

so, there is no fix for it ?

i try-it on a linux box with 3.1.1.1e and is not working, or a bit laggy but not freezing.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009 20:11 

redskull wrote:
you can do a server overflow using rcon

how is this possible?

I think thats too bad Luigi is not interested in HLDS anymore although a lot of people need his knowledge in this :=/

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2009 18:06 

Well i've been playing svencoop mod for like 2 years now. and we all keep getting kicked by that "reliable channel overflow" thing, time after time. It just keep happening randomly. ..or is it happening randomly ? Sometimes server has bad lag spike and then i just fly out with that dumb overflow.

I did try that exploit which was posted here, but it only kicks me and nobody else. So if anybody REALLY gets it to work. i would like to see how its done :)

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009 17:22 

no fix ? luigi you are the master :) you created udpsz, we are waiting for a little fix.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009 17:59 

from the results of the tests you made with and without that one-byte modification I told you to make is clear that there is not a specific bug to fix.
then I'm curious to know what's the relationship between "you created udpsz" and the fix... mah

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2