Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 14:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pro Pinball Patches Thank You
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2009 00:18 

Hey Luigi,

I wanted to thank you for your Pro Pinball No CD patches. A few years ago I was never able to find one that worked for my Fantastic Journey English version. Well, I tried again today and found your site. What's even more amazing is that your patches are for the latest 1.20b .exe's---and they work too!

I upped your patches with full credit at the PPPC2 yahoogroup.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pppc2
I started that group when the original PPPC was overtaken by spambots due to no moderation.

Thanks for supporting what are STILL the best pinball games ever made for a computer.

Thank You Again!

Huggybaby

Post subject: Re: Pro Pinball Patches Thank You
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2009 01:44 

very good :)
was just another PP fan to ask me to make the no cd patches for some of those versions of PP and I'm happy that they have been useful to other people too

Post subject: Re: Pro Pinball Patches Thank You
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2009 01:58 

They're very useful! I had a full install on my hard drive and your patch kept me from uninstalling it. I have all the CD's around here somewhere but they're buried. And I was surprised to see you had patched the 1.20b versions because these were never released with a game AFAIK and are not widely known.

The programmer (Champie?) made them after we complained so much about jerky play under XP.

Here are the release notes of these versions:

Quote:
These are beta patches, and have not been extensively tested, there is therefore no warranty and you use them at your own risk. However, there is no reason to suspect they will cause any trouble, although you should probably backup the existing executables in case you need to remove these patches.

To install these patches, extract the executables, and overwrite the ones you currently have installed. If you installed to the default directory, you can use the Windows extraction wizard and type in "C:\Program Files" as the directory to install.

There is no official support for the patches, though you can send any comments/suggestions to <propinball@empire-interactive.com>

Changes

V1.20b (16-Nov-2003)
Removed code that sets the games priority to high.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]