Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 14:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Audio/sound filter/manager ?!
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009 21:49 

I guess this question is mainly for Luigi, but any help is welcome.
im looking for some tool that can manage the audio playback..i even don't know what to search, this is why i post it. ill just describe what it should do.

For example I want to use my front panel output only for BSPlayer and backpanel for Winamp.
or front panel for skype and backpanel for everything else.
My motherboard does support seperate detection and those ports are not connected to eachother. when i plug something in then it pops up a window and asks me to choose what i plugged in (mic, speakers, headphones..etc). So im looking for something that can assign specific output sockets to specific applications.

Post subject: Re: Audio/sound filter/manager ?!
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009 00:47 

uhmmm this seems stuff for the driver although I doubt exist something "by default" to make a similar modification.
for example the alc888 chipset (and I bet almost many of the other new audio chipsets) allows to configure the Audio I/O where is possible to modify some parameters and "playing" a bit with the various front/rear connectors but in any case nothing like what you want to do.
and I'm not aware of virtual drivers able to create virtual audio devices for redirecting the audio into specific channels/speakers (which is exactly what you need so it's enough to choose the needed virtual device in winamp or skype for doing the job)

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009 07:54 

I think you need the application,

Virtual Audio Cable

Not sure but have a look.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009 16:13 

uhmmm no I think VAC is not good because it's purpose is redirecting the audio to other softwares through virtual devices (for example for ripping/dumping the audio of a player without using "what you hear", not to other hardware channels/speakers

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009 20:35 

ill try that vac, maybe it will work. for example on my current audio controls i can disable front panel or rear panel OR i can adjust speakers as i want. for example balance surround speakers (left-right) and also front speakers (left-right) and also either if surround speakers play louder or quieter than front (that goes for middle speaker and woofer too).
So if it can make a virtual device and i could do same there, then it should work fine. I simply choose that virtual device to output sound into my Front panel output only (by disabling rear panel outputs) and then i can choose it in skype. should work, but not if this virtual device doesnt have such options (drivers).

EDIT:
i tried vac, but im already having a problem with my real driver/manager. so it won't do much good. I still want to use 5.1 sound for all other applications (specially games and winamp). otherwise i could output skype into surround speakers and everything else into front, but that just sucks. I included the screenshot of my control panel. I would need "Line out" option there. It means that hardware has full support to manipulate between the output sockets. Front panel socket is totally seperated, as seen on screenshot right now my front socket acts same as front speakers (i use it to put sound into TV and then i turn off my main speakers doh).

If i could make it think that i have 7.1 or even 9.1 sound, now that would work. and 2 virtual devices with same control panel. then i can simply use the front panel's Green socket as speakers which i dont have (3rd and 4th surround speakers) and Pink front panel socket as other speakers which i dont have (5th and 6th surround speakers).
In theory it will work fine, just need something that can emulate my control panel with few extra features.

Attachments:
audio.JPG
audio.JPG [ 43.8 KiB | Viewed 1153 times ]

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009 22:48 

VAC can do what you want. Did you use the Audio repeater?

What it does it throw the audio from X cable out to X audio device so you can set it to your front or back speaker, only downside it you have to startup the audio repeater each time.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2009 15:08 

umm maybe I rushed with it lil bit. so it can output sound ONLY to front panel ? im not talking about front-rear speakers, but the actualy computer case's front panel, the input/output sockets in front of the computer.
rear panel has 3 outputs/inputs. it doesn't really matter what i plugin, because i can choose/change whatever it will be. right now rear panel is:
subwoofer+center
front speakers
rear speakers
..this is the way i want to keep the rear panel, but i want the front panel to be totall seperate output. i can easily mute the front panel output on my current sound card. so if VAC can output sound only into front panel, then it will be good.
in VAC i just never saw an option where i can choose to mute rear panel and choose only front panel.

EDIT:
uhm totally messed it up.
i finally managed to get the point how it works. it takes the "Wave in" from virtual cable 1 and outputs it into my sound card "realtek HD" problem is that audio repeater cannot output anything into my front panel. it does not exist in there. only way to get sound out of front panel if i change it to be same as my front speakers (in rear panel output).

I included the screenshot and try to explain it in details
1. i Chose "virtual cable 1" in skype, to output skype sound into virtual cable 1
2. I chose virtual cable 1 as wave in and realtek HD (my sound card) as output, to make my sound come out from whatever i have connected
3. I chose all channels to TEST if it even outputs anything, it did
4. I disabled my FRONT PANEL output, by changing it to "line in", so i heard no voice from my headphones (i used headphones in front panel for testing)
5. now i tried to find that socket in "audio repeater", but it does not find it.
6. only way i was able to output sound into my front panel (headphones) was if i changed "line in" to one of the following: "front speaker out", "rear speaker out" or "center/subwoofer speaker out", but then it also outputted it into one of those with headphones. so still no use.

If you see any way to manipulate it, then it would be very useful info :).
problem is still in my front panel sockets, it doesn't seem to 'see' them in audio repeater. once i choose one of the following i mentioned above, then it reads it as it would really be one of those.

quite a mess, but i hope its understandable.

Attachments:
blahhhh.JPG
blahhhh.JPG [ 87.58 KiB | Viewed 1142 times ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]