Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Project Torque
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2007 23:31 
It's an interesting game - running it requires that you turn off Data Execution Prevention (for the program). It's got some GameGuard thing to stop cheating. It's like a racing MMORPG, & you win RP by winning races, & use RP to buy cars and parts.

Wonder if it's exploitable? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2007 09:52 

If you mean server vulnerabilities... it's an mmog with a centralized server so I will never test it (I test only my servers).
If you mean cheats, this is not my field.
I could take a quick look to its network protocol to see if it's encrypted when I will have free time, but I'm not sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007 09:12 

In case someone is interested the .pack files (checked LPACK002) are encrypted with AES (rijndael) using a fixed key and one of 0x80 bytes located in the file (the algorithm remembers a bit the one used in Camfrog).
I have not continued the project since there are still some things to check in the usage of AES and at the moment I don't have ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2007 17:44 
I'm not really after exploits, or cheats, or anything.. I just think it's interesting. And slightly worrying. The game is completely invisible to the normal task manager & also other process display programs. That makes it seem almost like a rootkit or malware of some sort. I guess I'm just paranoid.

Thanks anyway aluigi :) when I have some time, I'll look into it myself, and post about it... i'm just very busy at the moment... :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]