Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 14:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: BF2142 LAN Party on a bugdet!!
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009 03:12 

Has anyone here had any experience setting up a private 2142 network?

What I'm interested in doing is set up a machine that not only runs a private game server but also fakes a master server/stat server. I want to setup a LAN party so people that don't have 2142 accounts can play. The clients would be all unmodified/no cd. The fake master server would let them login with fake accounts. Stat server would award them with all the unlocks (or maybe just use some sort of unlock mod). Then join a local game server and have fun (either by "join by IP" or get fancy and have it show up on the server list). Is that anything close to 2142's setup, or am I crazy?

Ideally, I would like to have it setup in such a way that all I need to do in connect the server to the network and be done, no need for the clients to do anything. I would have to redirect the traffic to the real master server to the local one, but that's easy to pull off with the router I have (Linksys /w DD-WRT).

I suppose that anything is possible, but is this anywhere close to practical? I think I read something about this kind of setup with BF2. Knowing how closely related these games are, I figured it would be doable.

Post subject: Re: BF2142 LAN Party on a bugdet!!
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2009 20:27 

as far as I know bf2142 uses the EA servers so the gs_login_server solution adopted in bf2 doesn't work with it

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2009 05:00 

That is unfortunate. I looked at a packet capture of the login process and it seams to be encrypted. Which makes me sad. Do you have any experience with EA in this way?

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2009 10:04 

I have never checked the EA stuff

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]