Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Its not abt Fake player but abt a Fake gamepad...
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009 07:01 

Hello aluigi....

Very very very sorry 4 this off-topic question...but u r the only one who i think can really help me....Mr. aluigi...there is this problem...

Many 2-player games nowadays 4 computers need different devices such as.....Fifa needs a Keyboard 4 one player...where as a gamepad for another player....similarly the trend that 2 players used to use the same keyboard 4 playing a 2-player game has vanished!!!

BUT i cant afford a gamepad...i have only a keyboard and a mouse....Can you think of something which will turn some keys of my keyboard to the keys of a virtual gamepad...So i can play 2-player games without buying a gamepad???

Help plzzzzzzzzz

Post subject: Re: Its not abt Fake player but abt a Fake gamepad...
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009 07:49 

why do you post it into fake players then ? there is "anything else" sub-forum for ... anything else.

what is the problem in the game ? what if you try to assign keyboard buttons for both players ?
or is it like .. choose device. so for example if you choose keyboard for one player, then it is impossible to choose keyboard for other player ?

anyways there are lot of tools that can play around with gamepads and keyboards. i have xpadder, but it is opposite of what you want. it can map any keyboard function to a gamepad (including mouse movement).

http://www.lifespy.com/2007/download-tu ... via-ppjoy/
not sure if this helps, im not going to try it, cuz i always use analog controller for games that need it, playing games without analog controller is just dumb.
why not buy one ? it is not expensive at all .. all you need to do is not eat a burger and drink coke for 1-2 days :) ..yes gamepads cost like 10 dollars or less and analog controllers 20 or less.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009 15:13 

Well....thnx 4 the reply...But as i told u...i cant afford one...atleast in my country...

And as u said...."so for example if you choose keyboard for one player, then it is impossible to choose keyboard for other player ?"....thats exactly wat i want......Something which can map some of my keyboard buttons into a gamepad or whatever....PLZ help me man...U people are the best!!! show me a software or some program which wud do it!!

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009 12:47 

didn't the ppjoy work ?
how about another keyboard then ? im sure you can get some old keyboard for nothing, ppl throw them away or even give them away, with another keyboard there's several programs that will seperate those keyboards, so you can use 2 different keyboards.
usually when you plug 2 keyboards or more in pc, then it reads them as one, but with some programs you can seperate them, so it would act as controller or at least you should be able to assign it in game.

you can also check http://www.tocaedit.com Racer_S is dealing with the controller problems in games, but he doesn't care about posts much lately...at least he never took a look into bugs in his xbox360emu, i reported some bugs many times, but they still exist (so did other ppl).
but you can always try and see.

i also got idea on my own, but im not that good in programming. i was thinking to split your keyboard into 2. for example for OS your keyboard would appear as 2 different keyboards (or keyboard and controller). windows does not make any difference if its really keyboard or not, so it would not matter if there would be 2, you would still be able to type normally ..etc. only difference would be that if you look at them in device manager or something, then you would see 2 keyboards (or keyboard + controller) instead of one.

try googling for such things.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2009 19:06 

Thanks man...
PPjoy worked 2 the extent that ..i could c keyboard and a joystick in Fifa 2006!!and also in EA cricket 2007!!

But there are no keys on my keaboard which act as joystick keys!!..i tried mapping but all i could c was things like..."Digital 1, digital 2, analogue 1 , analogue 2 etc..."

It wud b great if u could help me vd that...And im a complete noob!! so teach me in deatail ur idea of splitting the keyboard!!! shud i do it with a saw or wat????

THANKS MAN
God bless u

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009 19:09 

whole point of ppjoy is to make virtual gamepad using keyboard keys, ofcourse you don't have analog or dpad on your keyboard doh. you have to assign keyboard key that will act as gamepad key.
for example:
left = dpad left
right = dpad right

so assign your keyboard keys to that virtual joystick and it should work.
i don't have it myself so i can't test, i wanted to install it, but it tried to install some drivers and i dont like that, cuz it may mess up my current xpadder and other settings.

keyboard splitting was just my idea, but i said im not that good in programming. its just theory/idea for those who would make a small tool for it.
for example my friend has 2 keyboards connected to his pc (USB port and PS/2 port), they both act as one, but with certain software you can seperate them, my idea is just to split 1 keyboard to appear as 2 different.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]