Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mortal Kombat vs DC universe Fake Player Denial of service.
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009 00:04 

Hello my fellow my peerchatters and Luigi. Do you think there is anything exploitable in the way of an mkvsdc fake players vulnerability and exploit? My friend Sal, said that he coded one but isn't really wanting to release it. I'm not sure if there is An effective way or method. Anyone want to help and take a crack at it with me? It's hell there and they need a lesson.

Post subject: Re: Mortal Kombat vs DC universe Fake Player Denial of service.
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009 00:27 

uhmmm I guess you have not clear what is a security vulnerability or the purpose of my research (which is clear at 100% but then each person sees what he wants to see as usual).

anyway personally I have never performed research for xbox360 or ps3 so I don't have knowledge of the protocols used on such platforms (for example xbox live) or if there is an authentication mechanism used to identify each player or any other technical reference about them and about this specific game.
then as far as I know this is a mmorpg and not a classical client-server game.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009 00:43 

K thanks luigi I appreciate you talking to me. I have tryed tampering with the ps3 kiddys but i would never even touch the x360 I hear they use very complicated md5 security hash's but I'm not sure.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009 00:47 

just for my personal curiosity but is this game played online on ps3?
because gamespy reports 0 servers (gslist -n mkvsdcps3) so the hypothesis are 3:
- nobody plays it online
- it's a mmorpg and so there is only a centralized server not visible on gamespy
- the gamespy master server doesn't support this game (possible because some games there are only indexed but not active)

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009 01:01 

/list in irc and you will see it. Or just put in /join #gsp!mkvsdcps3_m1d I swear it terrible in there. Ugghh

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009 01:18 

So I heard from a fellow named Sal you worked for GameSpy many moons ago. Is that true or is it a myth and a falicie?

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009 01:28 

Always wondered what Luigi does for a living :P

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009 01:35 

The ending was he was fired and they[gamespy] attempted a law suit. He won though but he still does this stuff for fun. But i'm still unsure if Sal is yanking my chain :P.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009 01:49 

oh no no I have never worked for the idiots of Gamespy (then I live in Italy so we are a bit "distant").

the only "relationship" I had with them was when in the past I reported them various security vulnerabilities I found in their horribly bugged softwares and, as "reward", they sent me a couple of case&desist orders (aka "legal menaces") asking me to remove my research from my website... and after I talked about these actions publicly on a security mailing-list they said some lies about me that I have prooved false releasing all the mails I exchanged with them and showing how they were (and are) incompetents.

the funny effect was that the section of my website dedicated to the research about their algorithms and protocols http://aluigi.org/papers.htm#distrust is becoming the biggest and unique source of informations on all internet.

the following is the long text I wrote in the 2003:
http://aluigi.org/papers/castleoflies.txt

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]