Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: PunkBuster GUID
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009 19:08 

Hello aluigi,

I admire You for coding all these tools for years. I have got one question to You. That's question about pb guid. As You know, FULL pb guid is 32 characters long. Anyway, for security reasons, all guids has got their 'short version' - I mean, last 8 characters. Everywhere, ingame list (i am intrested in Enemy Territory, so in this case i can see them using /guids cmd), on sites like yawn.be etc there are only these short version. And there is my problem, because I need to get FULL guid from these short version. Is it possible? Or is it possible to get some logs from server entries with full guids?

Thank you,
Samik

PS. Sorry for my bad english, but I'm just learning it. :)

Post subject: Re: PunkBuster GUID
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009 15:58 

if the server is yours the problem doesn't exist because the full guids are visible in the logs (except if something is changed in the last years or maybe if the game server is not much "verbose").

for the rest, naturally it's not possible to retrieve a full guid from a partial one and even if you brute force it you can get collisions

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2009 17:52 

Server is not mine. I thought of downloading logs file with Your q3dirtrav but that server is protected against downloading server.cfg file so I think it's protected against downloading other files too...

#EDIT:
So, is it possible to get full guid from short version?

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009 00:03 

Don't know if he's still reading this, but there are 3 files to d/l

server.cfg
dedicated.cfg
config.cfg

Usually it's config, not server. xD

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]