Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: GH3 xma audio customisation.
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010 15:36 

Hi, guys, i'm new to the site , but not really new to hacking and such.
Anyway, i managed to get ahold of xmaencode from my uncle who handed it to me ( which appears to be 2 years old now). I wanted to start creating GH3 (and maybe above) customs on the 360.

I figured since i have the dev software, it should be easy, but apparently not.

I first tried to convert a regular wav file into xma. The game didnt play the song, but it did'nt crash either. it just sat there happily, and stable !!

Every other try after that , using different settings and such, crashed the game immediately.
So i took a little while to think on how to go about this.

In the program EkszBox-ABX all the xma file from ingame are registering as 4 Bitrate files, but using xmatest, it shows me that they are 16 bitrate files.

Any help would be appreciated, and if it is allowed by the site, i may host 1 of the games xma files (alert me if this is against the rules or anything.

Thanks in advanced for any replies.
GuardianDemon

Post subject: Re: GH3 xma audio customisation.
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010 17:15 

maybe depends by how you used xmaencode because the tool (version 2.0.7645.0) supports both xma1 and xma2, examples of encodings:
xma1: xmaencode /t output.xma input.wav
xma2: xmaencode /p /t output.xma input.wav
xma2-xact: xmaencode /s /t output.xma input.wav

the mistery about the bitrate of the xma files is very simple because the output bits (so the decoded stream) is ever at 16 bits while 4 is the number of bits of the xma stream and should be not considered because it's an internal thing.

for the linking/uploading of the files there is no problem, do it.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010 17:07 

Hi thanks for the reply and thanks for the notification about files :)

I've been busy working on stuff and didnt get to reply, so yeah i back now :)
Anyway, i have linked to raw xma file from the game. It is 1 of the preview files (song that plays when you highlight its name) http://www.mediafire.com/?z2ytkgvmzou

Considering that a program calls it a wav file, i'm actually gonna give it a shot with a wav, though filesize is gonna be a bitch!!!!

I;m even going to through the options that you mentioned above a go on the same disc aswell :)

And finally, im not 100% sure about what you said about the decoding and other stuff. Is it that they somehow managed to spoof the actual file properties ??

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010 22:37 

the problem is that I don't think I'm able to help you more than the previous post because I have never spent much time on the xma files :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]