Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gsmsdisc - Error: Interrupted system call
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 17:24 

Line 203 is generating an error 10004 WSAEINTR Interrupted Service Call on my WinXP + SP2 machine:

203: if(sendto(sd, buff, PCKSIZE, 0, (struct sockaddr *)&peer, sizeof(peer)) < 0) std_err();

Post subject: Re: Gsmsdisc - Error: Interrupted system call
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 17:44 

I noticed that gslist has a -b Heartbeat sender option also

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 18:43 

the Interrupted Service/System Call error is caused by WinXP that doesn't allow you to forge spoofed packets.
so you need to use linux or linux inside a virtual machine if you want to test gsmsdisc since this method bypasses the check performed by Windows

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 19:15 

I'm trying to compile it with gcc on a Solaris system but stdint.h is missing
I follow the link on your About page re: stdint.h and downloaded the portable BSD pstdint.h and renamed it to stdint.h and put it in the same directory, but gcc won't find it or compile it. I assume on the command line I have to explicitly tell it where to find this header file, even though its in the same directory (?)

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 19:25 

add -I. or -I . to the gcc command line or substituite all the occurrencies of:
uint8_t with unsigned char
uint16_t with unsigned short
uint32_t with unsigned int

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 19:31 

with -I . or -I.
stdint.h:650: wchar.h: No such file or directory

I'm downloading VMWare Player and will setup a Virtual Linux machine with a newer distro and see if it compiles under that.

Obviously, you must of had it working at one time under XP +SP2, as you say that is what you use on your About page, and your link to an executable is for a Win Exec. I think SP2 upgrade discontinued the use of blocking calls or otherwise broke functionality. Does this affect the -b function in gslist; I've attempted to test but can not get gslist -b <port> to function for me, though -N and -S produces output.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 20:00 

yes I guess SP2 introduced this limitation.

-b in gslist doesn't use spoofed packets because it's needed to add your IP in the list:
gslist -n halor -b 1234

(the message that will be displayed reports inverted seconds and ports, don't worry it's only a visualization error).
note that your IP must be public for being added to the servers list of the target game

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 20:14 

I'm thinking I can merge the code from gslist, gsmsdisc, and fp into a new tool

gslist provides a dump of current running servers with thier game name, ip:ports of type gamename
list is filtered down to command line parameter passed search criteria based on either gamename, or ip

those servers that meet search terms (say, a server named X or with IP containing string X) are sent delist packet every x (2) seconds, for say period of time (5 minutes)

after period (5 minutes), servers allowed to come up for air for 10 seconds, but before that moment, fp is sent to fill server up with fps

program reloops, and in this period of no delist packets, and servers full of fps, glist gets the latest dump of active servers to restart proces again.

in this way, if a server changes their IP, glist will still find them based on name; or if they change their name, will find based on their IP
also, if server goes offline, attack will end, until server reappears on list.

i suppose the effectiveness of such an exploit would depend on the effectiveness of the delist heartbeat packet

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010 23:01 

auotsales wrote:
I'm thinking I can merge the code from gslist, gsmsdisc, and fp into a new tool

uhmmm judging your idea (or what I have understood) it's all stuff that can be made without modifying the tools simply using the -r option of gslist on Linux using the "&" char at the end of the command string passed to -r (eg -r "ping #IP &") or on Windows preceeding it with "start" (eg -r "start ping #IP") for launching it in a new process and obviously the -L X option for repeating it each X seconds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]