Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: files .se3 & .nub
PostPosted: 14 May 2010 10:30 

Hello there!
I've a problem with some strange files >< Let me explain!
I wanted to rip some sound effects and musics from the game "Tales of Graces" for Wii. I opened the root directory and found a huge .cpk (CRIware) file, that I opened without problems with quickbms (beautiful program!!!). But, when it ended the decompression, I found an incredible number of strange file extensions.
In the "snd" folder, where the sound shound be, I found some ".se3" files that are obviously compressed folders (like "STC_BTL.se3") which contain sound effects, and quite a few ".nub" files (like "MUSIC.nub", that should contain the bgm). I tried to find some kind of extractor, but I didn't find anything. I also tried to open a .se3 with an hex editor, and I found out that, after the header, there is a table of filenames (I think). I'm not an expert, so I can't go beyond this ><

Here you find two examples of these files:
STC_SYS.se3
VOSCE07.nub

Can someone help me find a way to extract them, please? ><
Thank you!

EDIT: I don't know if this can help, but there also was this file, "StrConfig.stp", that contains the names of the .nub files into.

Attachments:
StrConfig.zip [124.44 KiB]
Downloaded 83 times

Post subject: Re: files .se3 & .nub
PostPosted: 14 May 2010 12:28 

consider that I work only on archives, the content of the extracted files is not my job (and I'm not much interested too).

anyway I gave a quick look at the nub file and it could contain sound banks, so parts of audio probably encoded with the codec in use on the wii (gc dsp).
the following is a simple quickbms script that extracts these raw sound banks so it's not useful to you but could be useful to someone else who wants to work on them:
Code:
endian big
get DUMMY long
get DUMMY long
get DUMMY long
get FILES long
get BASE_OFF long
math TMP = FILES
math TMP *= 4
log MEMORY_FILE 0x20 TMP
for i = 0 < FILES
    get OFFSET long MEMORY_FILE
    goto OFFSET
    getdstring DUMMY 20
    get SIZE long
    get OFFSET long
    math OFFSET += BASE_OFF
    log "" OFFSET SIZE
next i
so I suggest you to make this thread in the "Audio file formats" section of xentax, maybe hcs can give you a hand

PostPosted: 14 May 2010 13:06 

I understand. So it seems Namco has gone the whole hog, this time...
I'll try if there's someone who can do something more specific on XentaX, then!! >< Thank you for the hint.
And regarding the se3, what can you say? I think they are just compressed archives, because if I open them with an audio editor, I can "clearly" hear the sound effects... they are just awfully disturbed by the noise, obviously.
Sorry if I'm bothering you with this...

PostPosted: 14 May 2010 13:51 

mah the se3 looks similar anyway refer to xentax

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]