Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: MULTIRCON, regarding the Q3 engines´s 2 half second limit
PostPosted: 30 May 2010 14:48 

Hey there =) first of all let me say how much i enjoy using your tools Luigi =), specially rcon.

I kno for a fact that password guessing in q3 based games is almost impossible, however, the program itself also is capable of flooding the servers continuesly, so that the admins rcon commands are disabled.

Anyways, i was wondering what code shoul i input, so that the program SPECIFICLY floods the server, since my goal here is causing their commands to overload, so that i cant be banned.

i use the following one: multircon -i -b 10 09AZaz -d 100 SERVER PORT

It worked like a charm on a server running the big brother bot server management, they couldnt ban me, well they did but i eventually changed my IP

Thing is i tried this on a nother server and was banned after about 10 mins. What am i doing wrong? how should i make the program flood at its full power to make it impossiblee for me to get banned again?

Also if theres a command specifically for password guessing, i would like to know wich one =)

Thank you for your time luigi =)

Post subject: Re: MULTIRCON, regarding the Q3 engines´s 2 half second limit
PostPosted: 30 May 2010 14:53 

maybe the server is patched, after all I wrote the fix.

PostPosted: 30 May 2010 15:05 

so you fixed it? oh, well, and what if a server is not patched, can the program still successfully flood the server? also, is the command im using just fine for flooding the servers, making me un banable, so to speak?

PostPosted: 30 May 2010 21:41 

if a server is not patched then the rcon will be unavailable if an attacker sends more than one rcon command each second.
and yes the command-line is correct

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]