Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 11:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Q3Fill Q3engine patch
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2011 16:35 

Recently my Moviebattles server has been victim of the Q3fill program. Moviebattles had a built in protection that kicked clients, but it is still getting around it.

The full topic, with screenshots can be viewed here

http://community.moviebattles.com/threa ... er-exploit

I've checked your site, and I've looked at your patchs. Along with your most recent,

"Universal game players limiter 0.1.1 (playerslimiter)
an experimental project implemented as a plugin for Proxocket (on Windows) or a shared library (on Linux) which uses a basic method for limiting the number of players from the same IP address (max 1 each 15 seconds) and for manually adapting it to almost any game which uses the UDP packets.
the package contains a text file with all the needed informations, the pros and cons, its current limitations and the quick step-by-step for using it.
(note that you must export the functions as __cdecl if you want to recompile the plugin with a compiler different than gcc/mingw)

Universal game maximum players limiter 0.1 (playerslimitermax)
exactly as above but with some additional instructions which limit the number of players to 3 (MAX_PLAYERS in the source code).
suggested to avoid the problem of not being able to quickly reconnect which could exist with the other playerslimiter project.

"

Now, I realize you probably don't care about my problems nor the community of JKA. However, are you working on any full solution or patch? Your readme of those files stated that those are not a sure thing, so don't expect much. However it's rather annoying to be spending $50 a month, and then not being able to use my Server.

Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: Q3Fill Q3engine patch
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2011 19:12 

as far as I know the playerslimitermax project works correctly and I have received no bug reports about it so I don't see problems.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]