Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 11:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Query more data from getinfo/getresponse etc
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011 01:08 

Hi.

I've successfully made my own server tracker for jedi academy using GameQ, however, I'd like to know if there is a way for me to query player IP the same way, so that I can receive more than just nickname and score.
IP and ping would be great to have queried. And how can I send RCON commands to the server like in the JAplus tracker by slider?

Thx for any advice.

Post subject: Re: Query more data from getinfo/getresponse etc
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011 19:38 

What would u like to get with querying a player? I think there is no way to query a player ip.

Post subject: Re: Query more data from getinfo/getresponse etc
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011 15:56 

for security reasons the clients-server multiplayer games don't transmit the IP of the players.

the IP addresses are available (easily or not) only with peer2peer games, in short those games where the architecture doesn't use a real primary server but all the clients communicate with the others directly.
an example are some DirectPlay games.

in those that use the Gamespy peerchat server the IP addresses of all the players are easily visible because peerchat is just a simple IRC server so a whois /player gives all the needed informations (the IP is obfuscated, you must use my peerchat_ip tool to deobfuscate it).

and then exist some very rare clients-server games that have or had the IP addresses available in the replies of the information queries and indeed they caused security risks:
http://aluigi.org/adv/aa2k7x-adv.txt

well, I hope this quick and little list of info can be useful

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]