Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: SoF2 Server crashes(names)?
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2008 21:00 

Okay, there is a server that our clan is pretty much allies with and I would like to help them get their server fixed. My clan server hasn't had any server crashes in I don't know how long because I patched pretty much all of them that I know. However, this other clanserver is getting crashed like 10 times a day and it's a real popular server. (We are an SOF2 clan by the way). If you could, could you name all the possibilities for a server crash that crashes the server suddenly which ends up disconnecting all players displaying the message. "Server Disconnected". I know that message displays when the server is shutdown, but i'm just trying to be specific. Thanks for your help.

I've looked through your list of exploits but I can't find it. maybe you can be more help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2008 22:41 

hmm .. doesnt the server have some crash log ?
if possible then enable some crash logging so you can see what causes it. ..or well tell them to do so and then take a look at the logs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2008 03:02 

I am the person that runs builds this server and trys to keep up. The guy that is being helped here /viewtopic.php?p=1340&sid=57b73e6f8f332d5065e6e53514c3a52b

is the guy that his been probably shutting down our server, and we have banned this guy over and over. How can I keep the rcon password from being hacked again.

Where is the log you are talking about>?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2008 17:01 

about crashing .. ive done that myself too, well not on that game but on other games. banning aint gonna help you at all ... maybe only if the crasher is total noob and has static ip and doesnt know how to use proxy. so only way to prevent that is to patch it (fix it).

anyways. about the log file. every server should have one somewhere. or maybe its possible to put server on some kind of debug mode so you can see whats going on. I dont have that game and havent seen the server either, but in other games like .. FEAR, avp2, half-life's mod svencoop, CSS etc..
theres either the log file that logs errors/crashes or its possible to put it on debug mode, or if it doesnt have autostart .. it should show the crash somewhere in server ..console or something like that. Im not the right person to ask about server logs, i think Luigi knows more about: on how to see the crash cause and patch it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2008 22:53 

make ur rcon harder like &#*SauSage213@# it works better.... longer, capital letters, lowercase, random symbols and numbers put in there, takes longer to get :P.. but if ur going to do that don't put a ! in the password, it wont work and sort of messes it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2008 14:46 

and remember also to disable sv_allowdownload, although sof2 doesn't "seem" affected by the bug is better to avoid problems

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]