Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 11:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Steampassword with 2 or more Users
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009 14:49 

Hello!
I have a problem. I have two users who saved their password but I don't find the second Password Hash.
The first one is no problem.
But where can I find the second or maybe third one?

Thanks for your help :)

Post subject: Re: Steampassword with 2 or more Users
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009 15:27 

Steam saves only one password in Clientregistry.blob, I have never been able to use multiple accounts and I have just retried now using even 3 different local windows accounts with the same effect:
- the reminded password is lost when the other windows account use the same Steam one
- the same windows account can remind the password of only one of the Steam accounts

anyway steampwd searchs ever the presence of multiple Phrase fields which is the field where is contained the encrypted password although that's totally useless because Steam doesn't support multiple accounts.

when you start Steam are the passwords ever correctly remembered for each account?
then are you talking about two users from different local windows accounts or from the same one (you)?

on the Steam support page there are references about using multiple accounts (which is correct) but not about reminding the passwords of multiple accounts:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... onemachine

Post subject: Re: Steampassword with 2 or more Users
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2009 16:31 

You are right.
Just one password is saved.
For both accounts I checked the Checkbox that I want to save the Password, but he actually remembered just one password.

Thanks for your help :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]