Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 13:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: SWBF2 not working as stated it does for the swbfp tool
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 02:53 

Hi first off let me say im new to the forum and i think its awesome,neway heres my problem.I dled the swbfp tool ,says it works for both swbf and swbf2 well i figured out how to use it through command promt ect i start a server on same computer then open cmd promt and edit the options swbfp -p 3658 -n somenic 0.0.0.0 press enter and it starts to load and work but the names are garbled up weird charactor ect ,then it stops and says unknown error 00 04 00 00 00 ect ,this was trying it on swbf2 by the way.Ok so just to check i dled swbf server not swbf2 but swbf ,ran the server did it all the same as stated above and it works displays the correct nic that i chose ect.Ok so i need to know if either you can tell me what to add or change to the file,,s to make it work for swbf2,or maybe ,give me a link for a version that works on swbf2?.And also this is secondary what do i have to alter to be able to use multiple nics instead of 1 nic 50 times in a row,Thanks in advance for any help on this

Post subject: Re: SWBF2 not working as stated it does for the swbfp tool
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 10:45 

oh I understand.
I added that it worked also with swbf2 because in a two-seconds test of some weeks ago it seemed to work also with this game.
anyway I have in mind (but I'm not sure) to perform some vulnerability research and patching just for this game in the next days so I will update swbfp (which I remember is dated 2006) for sure.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 21:56 

I have just updated the tool, released an advisory about a vulnerability in the game and also a fix for this bug: http://aluigi.org

P.S.: fyi the difference between the swbf2 and swbf protocol was just in the size of that "guest" field which is the cause of the bug I found... I'm interested to know why the developers have implemented a similar field

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 23:53 

Thank You very much for the update!Works flawlessly now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]