Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 12:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unbanning or IP Changing Techniques
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2009 22:11 

Hello, Luigi. I have recently been range banned from my old clan server merely because I left and joined another clan. I am not another one of those idiots coming here to rave about revenge and hacking their server, I just wish to play on the server again.
I have investigated all of your techniques on unbanning and after reading the replies in this topic I have pretty much figured out the ones that possibly work.

I used q3fill for the possibility of overloading it and unbanning myself and it stops me at 2 connections because of multiple IP addresses. I have tried to use the Socks methods but they weren't working for me.

My current IP address is: 96.27.155.126
The 74.115.1.20 IP was hosted by AnchorFree and the location was Anonymous Proxy.

Here are all of the IP changers I have tried:

~HotSpot Shield~
This one always used to work for me. But, unfortunately, it only shows my IP as 74.115.1.20 now and they found that out and banned that IP as well.
~Hide My IP 2009~
I had heard about this a couple times and all it did was hide my IP on port 80 aka HTTP connections.
~Hide Your IP Address~
I found this on a website I use to track IPs and I decided to try it. The first result was promising but when I went on JK2 my IP appeared as 74.115.1.20 again.
~IP Sharkk~
Once again, only for HTTP connections.

After all of these failed attempts I gave up on IP changers and tried the Socks method with Tor. I entered all of the connection settings in game that you said should be added and my IP was still sitting out there plain as day.

So, I was wondering if there was some method you recommended for either banning myself or hiding my IP.

Post subject: Re: Unbanning or IP Changing Techniques
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2009 22:33 

uhmm if you want only to return to play on the server means that you need "only" to find a way to bypass the banning and judging the result of q3fill (used to quickly test the unban bug) seems that this is possible so I don't understand the rest about socks and other solutions.

if q3fill stops at 2 players means that you can play on the server through the unban proof-of-concept without problems:
http://aluigi.org/poc/q3unban_proxocket.zip

otherwise means that your intentions are not different than the paybacks about you talk, and in this case it's not allowed here.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 02:12 

well q3unban but if that fails then try of course changing ur ip...

the ip release and ip renew never work for me so if i want my ip changed i unplug my router and modem over night, and if that doesn't work, try unplugging it for 24 hours... but if for some reason 24 hours doesn't work, try 48 hours...
unplugging ur modem and router for 48 hours usually always works for me to change my ip... so try that, u just can't use ur internet for a few days :P

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 03:37 

@aluigi
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I had used it before with no result but I haven't tried since I was banned.
Oh, I had never really gone to aluigi.org before, just got things off the forum. I truly admire your work, I must say.
I have tried it with the unban vulnerability enabled but it does not work, seeing as the result is:
Code:
- Fake players:

Player: .. "F5SdGQk" ..
- autounban activated

Player: .. "50Q6qEQG" ..
Error: The following is the answer from the server:
Banned.

- now I try disabling the compression

Player: .. "dl01mJhb" ..
Error: Server uses protocol version 16.

- I try to disable cl_guid

Player: .. "wE87" ..
Error: Server uses protocol version 16.
This error means you must enable compression (do not use the -c flag)

But as you must know, the compression is automatically enabled. This quite confuses me because it said it already disabled the compression and that is the error in the turnout. If you knew the solution that would be fantastic.

And also, thank you for the quick reply

@evan
I am very aware of IP changing, as most people are. If you had read my post more carefully I stated that I was range banned not just plain banned.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 04:16 

ah ok now it's clear.
from your first post it seemed that q3fill was able to bypass the banning using the q3unban bug (indeed 2 or 3 players is usually the classical "players_per_ip" limit set by the mods) that's why I found it strange.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 04:50 

So is there any way to connect then? Or am I basically screwed?

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 05:31 

Purplez wrote:
@evan
I am very aware of IP changing, as most people are. If you had read my post more carefully I stated that I was range banned not just plain banned.

right but not all of the ips from ur service have to start with the same...
for instance, my service, Bright House Cable/Road Runner in Tampa, FL, most of that service uses 65.32.0.0, some ips from it use 173.170.0.0, 72.77 and a few others, but most of the ips are 65.32... i finally got lucky and my ip switched to 173.170...
so i'm just saying u might get lucky and get a whole new set of numbers if u just try it
if ur determined u would try it :P

edit: why are u using q3fill to try q3unban?
/exec q3unban
/connect ip

see if that'll work, q3fill unban works differently than ur own client in-game from what ive tried in JK2

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 06:03 

q3unban didn't work. Besides, I thought Aluigi said that it didn't work in JK2.
Anyway, that wasn't luck, that was probably your ISP renewing your service, thus getting a new IP.

Also, I want a technique I can use frequently because they would probably range ban me again if I got a new IP.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 16:48 

q3unban works on servers without q3infoboom patch.. and only half the time does it work, but it still works sometimes...
no i had 1 ip for 2 years, unplugged it for a day, it changed... i really doubt it's a coincidence there of them "renewing my service" and unplugging it overnight as well....
well if u do get ur ip changed, i would think logically u would name hide for a bit so they don't ban u...

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 21:29 

q3infoboom was patched back in 1.03 if I recall correctly. I play on 1.04

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 23:32 

it kind a goes offtopic, but isn't it possible to connect thru proxy ? and then turn proxy off. if im correct, then ban check is only performed upon the join, so if you join thru proxy and turn it off, you should remain in server, just a tought, i have never tried anything like this on games, however it works on some chatrooms and sites.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 01:10 

the web chats are usually cookie based so it's normal while in games everything is IP:port based

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 02:34 

So is there any way to join the server while banned or at least hide my IP?

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2009 01:23 

Purplez wrote:
q3infoboom was patched back in 1.03 if I recall correctly. I play on 1.04

incorrect, they never patched it.

give me the server's ip & port and the name ur trying to join please :P

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2009 18:59 

x.x.x.x:x

Hm, didn't know it even worked.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2009 02:19 

Ah, sorry aluigi, forgot about the IP rules.

@evan
Contact me on MSN or email me. purplevinegar@live.com

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2009 11:59 

Purplez wrote:
So is there any way to join the server while banned or at least hide my IP?

Yes there is only 1 way I know... and it work only for 3 days Xd ( unless you get banned before that LOL ). Its program called PingFU UDP and its in trial version so you can use only 1 "new/fake" IP for 3 days. After spending a lot of time to search cracked version or serial I failed Xd. So if you can crack it or found serial ...good - GL

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2009 16:21 

http://www.artofping.com/pingfu-udp-http-tunneler.php < this ? uhm not sure how its suppouse to change your IP, does it act like a proxy or something ?!

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2009 16:55 

it's simple and obvious, it's the same of Tor but with all the servers owned by them (so probably a joke for the admins to ban the entire subnet) and with support to udp (sock5+udp).
that's why it's all time based.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009 13:11 

their description sucks dirt big time, because i was unable to read out from this text, where it says that it is a proxy system, which hides your ip and connects thru another IP (proxy).
need to try it, but trials are not for me .. also if there is no serials and/or cracks for this, then it really must suck, there is always crack for good programs.

also i highly doubt its something like TOR, because TOR uses 3 proxy servers at once to hide your IP, which makes it nearly impossible to trace it back to you. however its totally offtopic.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 02:34 

> their description sucks dirt big time

yeah I noticed exactly the same: vague and wrong informations... mah

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]