Luigi Auriemma

aluigi.org (ARCHIVE-ONLY FORUM!)
It is currently 19 Jul 2012 14:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ventrilo for Windows Mobile
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 20:28 

Hey Luigi,

Someone I know told me to come here to ask about this. I was reading over your forums and found some interesting tools and code. I don't write code at all but I see you cracked the problem with ventrilo and the "handshake" issue. I used a program called "Centrilo" back in the day before the Ventrilo 3 update. Was wondering if you would just look at the code and see if its possible to do now with the update. Just if you have time and if you not busy if you could just look it over and tell me what you think and what it would take (whole rewrite, little code, lots of code) to make it 3.x compatible. Thanks Luigi!

Cold Person

Attachments:
Centrilo.rar [113.09 KiB]
Downloaded 245 times

Last edited by ColdPerson on 27 Jul 2009 20:56, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Ventrilo for Windows Mobile
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 20:49 

as far as I know Centrilo is compatible with ventrilo 3.x, anyway I suggest you to contact directly g3gg0, the author of the Centrilo project: http://www.g3gg0.de
he will be very happy to update the code of centrilo if necessary.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009 05:50 

I've tryed to contact g3gg0 before and failed. :[

most of his links are broken on his site, I would like centrilo to use the new 3.x servers but it can't :[

Luigi do you happen to know his email? you can PM me it if you have it as I don't think he would like it just posted like that.

And cold you can run a 2.3 server on your pc and tunnel all your voice from it into your 3.x server... very complex setup but in the end you can get it working but you can't change channels :-l

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009 08:44 

the mail is geggo[AT]g3gg0.de and the last time I heard him was 2 weeks ago.

about the 2.3->3.x relay... depends and it's not a quick job for various technical reasons (the type of packets change between them, the format of the packets change too in some cases, it's required to implement the whole encryption method and so on).
at the end is better to write a new server from scratch :)

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009 20:54 

Man I really was hoping for something good. I know me and countless of other people have tried to get geggo to update it. I sure miss the program :[. Thanks JD for the info, I'll have to research into that. As far as geggo goes, I'm going to email him to see if I get an answer from the email. Awesome program when it worked! But thanks for the info JD and thanks Luigi for the reply.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2009 05:35 

I don't know if this can help but...

this link is to a open source linux ventrilo client:
www.spuxproject.net

And this is a link to XDA for Windows Mobile devs:
www.xda-developers.com

Maybe you can ask them to try and port the client, I've asked before but no one would help on XDA :[

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 20:06 

Please get in contact with me, I am the founder of Spux and will hopefully be looking into porting Spux to othe platforms. We are currently in the middle of rewriting a lot of the code but should soon be in a position to port to other patforms and make Spux multi-platform.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2009 05:09 

Yeh Im still looking into this, nothing new though

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]